Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

Jabs posted:

It's definitely not a 'good' ad, but... I can't stop laughing, it fits so many BMW rider stereotypes...

$19,632 + (BMW shop rate) labor and tax 'invested'.
378 miles.
Now yours for the low, low price of $17,500.

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/1580130268.html

This ad should read:

Spent 20K on the "Ultimate Off Road Machine", went down a fire road and wet myself. $17,500 urine stain included.

PlasticSun fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 5, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

Z3n posted:

Reminds me of the Desmosedici for sale with 14 miles on it. You know he limped it 6.5 miles to get it warmed up, opened it up, left a half mile long trail of poo poo, and then carefully rode it home. The difference is he was only asking 50k for a 90k bike. :xd:

I really like these kind of owners, they're the best people to buy bikes from. My boss bought a R1100S last year from a guy who was the orginal owner. Bought it in 2003 and the bike had 5K miles on it. He had 4 different seats 3 sets of bars and about 3K of carbon fiber bits and spare exhaust setups. As far as we could tell he just came home everyday and rubbed it with a diaper. Both tires had about 8 lbs of pressure, and looked as if they had never been leaned more than 15 degrees in either direction. Sold it for 5000.

The aftermarket parts MSRP alone was about equal to what he sold the bike for.

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

Gnaghi posted:

Making me miss my VFR and now this.

How about a brand new VFR for $10 less?

Speaking of maintenance free Hondas, when I had the VFR I once mentioned to a co-worker that I was worried about the oil leak. He told me that a bike like this should fine, it can run without oil for like 20 minutes.

I'd consider a fly and ride for that white hotness VFR, where's it located?

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good
1980 Honda CX500 Custom for $450, needs a back tire. If had extra space I'd grab this just to loan out to other people to get them excited about bikes.

http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2790744583.html

PlasticSun fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 9, 2012