Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!
In the Boston area:

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/mcy/1690534948.html

For sale is a 1980 Kawasaki LTD 750. This bike runs and rides fine. I rode it all last year. It has a leaky tachometer cable and the speedometer has stopped working. Last year I put in a new starter, a new battery, and a new rear tire. Price is $500 firm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

Endless Mike posted:

Poor negotiation + dealer fees + taxes + service plan = $12k principal

You forgot: lies.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

infraboy posted:

Christ don't people think about this stuff before making a big purchase? I mean don't they do their own math in their heads? If he was using that R6 as a primary means of transport/commute i'd understand but people financing bikes and then hardly riding them then trying to recoup the money they still owe makes me a little sad. Especially since they're reselling the bike for more than it's worth in this current market heh.

Considering our entire financial crisis is based on the fact that people bought huge loving houses on adjustable rate loans that quadrupled their monthly payments (and often these increases are outlined in the documentation) no, people don't give a poo poo.

"Alright bottom line what will I be paying per month right now" seems to be the American Way.

(I bought a house a few years ago and they briefly tried to sell me on an adjustable rate mortgage. The documentation went something like: Okay your monthly payments at the rate you got would be $900. The best case for an adjustment would have you paying... $1500 per month. The worst case for an adjustment puts you at around... $4000 a month. Yeah, no thanks, I'll take the $900 a month. )

So yeah, dude was probably like "holy poo poo $65 per month [or whatever], I can afford that!!!" without looking at the bigger picture.

Myrddin Emrys
Jul 3, 2003

Ho ho ho, Pac-man!

Doctor Zero posted:

But, but .. it's only a 500! :haw:

It says credit, not credit card. Vehicle financing is still on your credit record. What he means is that you get the bike and make his payments, but it's still in his name. It's really not a good idea since you can't register his bike since he'll have to keep it in his name. So you ride a bike that isn't yours for the bottom basement price of $600 a month.

The guy is loving delusional.

Plus if you don't make the payments, his credit takes a dive, haha. Wow. So all the benefits of financing with none of the responsibility!