Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

being in and around scottsdale Arizona is the icing on the cake with that posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

Im curious about this too.

a super motard sp is at the top of my bike list.

Previously rode an sv650 then an drz400. have a daytona 675 as a dedicated race/track bike.

Im also 6’4” and kinda figure its super
motos or bust. Im probably never riding a sport bike on public roads again at this point.

Granted I never see the ducati motards
on the road so maybe they are all broken inside their owners garage. idk. I want one though

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

i have unfortunate first hand knowledge of whats going on in that pic.

bro put his new iphone in a phone holder on the handlebars and destroyed the image stabilizer with vibrations but keeps using the phone cause they’re a broke mf

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

had to look it up and they are 6k MSRP

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

this popped up in my feed recently. standard youtube clickbait talking points.

but yup, bad bike that sucks to ride and overall pretty bad and uncomfortable. his bit is he didn’t pay a lot for it so who cares right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eklhXby-XBg

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

Steakandchips posted:

He did a great video where he welcomed a British person to America, and the Brit bought a bike from him and rode around America with it...

I can't seem to find that video now...

lmao this sounds great. will have to go digging for this.

Top Gear adjacent stupid adventures is the content I crave.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

wouldn’t it be an automatic transmission?!!!

assuming it has a go cart style centrifugal clutch on that briggs and Stratton

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

electric start or kickstart??

lol pull start you idiot

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

looks like the same forks and brake setup as a first gen sv650. rideable for sure. but nothing to write home about.

also im pretty sure they stopped manufacturing those tires it has on it in like 2013??! so its deff not been ridden much. those are the tires that came stock on 2nd gen sv650’s. they were not that great even when new

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

i have decided that the prominent shifter is my favorite part of this

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

they get passed over. not really the target of cafe racer folks cause its not an inline four.

not the target of goldwing fans cause its not a boxter engine

they’re a weird no mans land. look up videos of them running. they have an odd sounding engine because of the v twin engine.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

regular damping forks and those six pot calipers that were terrible

a ktm390 is light years ahead in tech and would feel a lot better to ride around on

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

does cali let you register salvage titles? where i live its not realistic in to be able to register and insure a salvage title

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

so many things to hate

lol at the belt drive conversion

but if i had to pick. I’d be the handle bar risers connected to nothing

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

it occurred to me that with those wheels. you’re taking something that was previously tucked away and instead putting it right f’ing there so a hand or foot in the wrong spot at the wrong time is getting snatched up quick.

very clean and well built deathtrap.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

There is a bunch of cool poo poo like this for snowmobiles.

Rich children of the north demand gaudiness so you can be rest assured there is day glow yellow and pink body suits to rip around on your sled

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

lmao what? are these rare or something? im looking at it and i see steel frame, oil damping forks, non floating brake rotors. and im like… nice commuter bike i guess??? that thing is honda but its all super old bike tech.

that price isnt far off from a decent super sport.

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

lamo. welp. seems perfect then. good execution and everything

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

holy moly. I rented one of those and rode the CO BDR with it. I did some unholy things to that bike. honestly it performed admirably in every task including sending it on paved mountain twisties.

Even took it to Moab and rode it on some single track which is extremely ill advised but made it through anyway.

after 7 days nonstop. me and that bike had shared some moments.

I will tell you that the engine compartment is cursed and even basic stuff like an oil change is a all day affair. its KTM though so you should know that already.

also the gear box is kinda poo poo and requires some force and thats saying something since my regular ride is a drz400

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

I have been on the lookout for one after that trip.

but at the same time. my entire stable of bikes is ten year old suzkis and its kinda a breeze working on them. I could tell right away that anything that breaks on that KTM would be expensive and a pain in the rear end.

so if you’re cool with spending money at your local moto mechanic or are a weirdly good backyard mechanic. be prepared for some fun times and a lot of cursing with that particular machine.

still would tho