Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
That's an insane price. The old Kawasaki police 1000's go for more than that with higher mileage.(referring to the BMW cop bike)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Marv Hushman posted:

If it depresses you, it means you recognize that this mistreated abomination still has a soul. Sadly, kicking things over and setting them on fire is near the top of many troubleshooting checklists 'round these parts.

I seem to remember a certain MARV who felt that way about a CB360 and maybe even a NightHawk.

\/ \/ \/

To Marv: Oh right... I forgot about that part. (Although I won't take blame for that stupid clutch release mechanism.)

Crayvex fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 13, 2010

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Don't worry too much about "style," you may find that you love it. For example, I never liked sport bikes and then I bought an R6 to fix up and flip. Now I adore sport bikes! Personally I would offer $900 if it runs. KBB means nothing other than a number to work down from. A running bike is almost always worth 800 or more.

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

The motorcycling gods have spoken, Marv. Get the Harley fixed and get back on two wheels for god's sake!

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

gently caress that bike and gently caress all the owners that keep jacking up the price. At least one of those POs bought that bike for around $600 because he was told it was cursed. Bike ballz, gremlin bells, and a brand new electrical system couldn't solve the mystery. Did you forget about the subplot consisting of cylinder number 4 not firing randomly? What about the 10 yards of extra fuel line? It had some overly complicated antiblowback carb valves which would have required breaking up the rack for cleaning and servicing. What about that non-automatic vacuum activated petcock? I used to love working on old bikes. That's the one that pushed me into a love affair with the modern era.