Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Turning is for sissies that don't have turbos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

If you pulled up and said 'have a go' you bet your rear end I'd be searching for the longest flat straight stretch of cop/people/farm animal free road in north America.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Phat_Albert posted:

400cc I4's are awesome, they rev to the moon.

Curious minds have to know: Whats red line?

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Appropriate classic video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0d3B7MPqUg

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Don't buy that, it'll ruin your life.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Be right there.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

That thing has been on the market off and on for the last two years. He's only dropped the price 5k in that time.

Must be a hard bike to sell. Dude needs to take it to Cali

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jan 20, 2011

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Rudager posted:

1998 KTM 620 SC in the paper for $500 AUD, blown headgasket, carby problems and maybe other undocumented features.

I want it so bad as a project, but I don't know if justify it :(

I'll help...

"It probably wont kill you!"
"It ran once!"
"You lady friend will love having it around!"

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

UNFORSEEN DOWNSIDE TO OWNING A 690 SMC:

When you fill it up with gas, and then wheelie away from the gas station, all your new gas leaks straight out of the back of the rear end-Tank filler. TERRIBLE FUEL ECONOMY.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Holy crap buy that. Best project ever.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Z3n posted:

http://lubbock.craigslist.org/mcy/2558714571.html

Friend of mine is selling an 08 Duke 690 with some minor damage for 4500 in Lubbock, TX. I bet you could push close to 4k for it.

gently caress you twice.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Guys, be careful

quote:

This Yamaha is in one pice, I'm traying to sell because is to mach for mi The ingene is very powerful

http://seattle.craigslist.org/skc/mcy/2591156506.html

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

That ducati looks so much like a Ninja 250 I can't help but laugh every time I look at it.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Never seen one of these crazy things before
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/2879411419.html

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I don't know what to make of this

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Doesn't even have the baller dual pipes. Not a real man.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Gay Nudist Dad posted:

I keep wanting to buy a small 2-stroke dirtbike to make into a street legal sumo. I don't know anything about them but on a whim I saw that CR80s weigh ~145lbs and make ~25hp, which sounds incredible. I wonder how often they'd need a rebuild.

There is a KDX80 on seattle craiglist right now for $375 that's rough but boy do I want it

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Take away the motorcycle and its almost exactly what the ideal gold wing riders vehicle is. A car without a roof.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Ive seen that, and a few bikes like it at track days. Super cool.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Actually, that was way less stupid than what I was picturing. Is gaudy and awful, but it sort of loops back around to 'you did WHAT?.. thats just so loving... gah... ok, well, enough looking at it lets give it a go'.

I'd like to have a ride, then never ever see it again.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Ola posted:

Good thing he put all those keywords in, it got caught by three of my hottest RSS queries; "VTEC HATCH BUBBLE", "*MASS TALENTS* BITCHES!J$" and "diesel dually jet ski". Search and ye shall find.

I love this post

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Please signal your intention at least 100 feet before you post MotoMind, you cut me off pretty close.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Such a sad case.

That said, that would be a good candidate for a track bike; if you ignore the fact you can pay less than that for a totally track ready SV with spares.

Love the rattle can job

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

One of the most absurd bikes ever conceived. You'll love it.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

You gotta pay to play baby

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Oh, I just saw an ad that you could use to get an engine!

Clean title!

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

It's in all ways a 'doner cycle'

Things would have to work out pretty sweet to make any money off it at that price. I don't care about the bike for sale, it'll stagnate and eventually disappear off CL, I'm just impressed by the damage.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

You'll grow a ill-kept grey beard and suddenly be super into HAM radios and trains.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

In Perth. That's going to limit your exposure to potential buyers from maybe 1 to absolute zero.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

clutchpuck posted:

That is a pretty good viking burial for a blast. I figure wadding it up into a tree is a better fate then being wadded up in Erik's crusher.

This is correct.

Any modification to a Blast is good because the Blast is terrible. Blast dirt bike is rad.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

The statement about 'having supplies to change the oil, will include' is really odd.

That bike should have oil changes all the time, 1500 miles or so. Hopefully he means a case of oil filters (when I sold my YZ250F, I handed 20+ oil filters to the next owner).

That said those are sweet bikes. I'd try to get it for 3200. He wont sell that in a hurry this time of year.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

Put a cover over the jb weld so the buyer doesn't see it and try to haggle the price down as a result.

~just PO things~

All DRZs have this modification.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I guess.

If your buying a DRZ, I'd say buy a rattier one for cheaper. If you are able to drop $5k, you are very close to just working harder / being more patient and getting a much better 690 based KTM in the $6500-7k range.

So, I'd go rattier or save up longer.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

OR spend 3k on a '03 WR450f, 1k on a sumo setup and about $600 on a street legal kit. :getin:

Or a XC-W KTM + plate. Listen to slim here.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

I was thinking about getting a KTM EXC for dual sporting/adv touring stuff but then I downloaded the manual and read the maintenance intervals.

Seriously? at 135 hours non-racing use, replace the piston, valves, valve springs, valve seats, conrod and all engine bearings?

I realize I'm digging this up a bit late; but unless you are a competition off-road racer, you'll never need to do those kind of service intervals. You'll go a decade on the valves and serious engine bits. Maybe a top end at 300 hours.

If your just tooling around commuting and doing light ADV stuff; the service intervals are basically like other bikes. Read Orange Crush in ADVRider, it's full of guys with 15k miles on these things just doing valve checks.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

God drat, that rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

80% sure this used to be my little brothers bike