Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rakekniven
Jun 4, 2000
Forum Veteran

Phisty posted:

I cannot comprehend the amount of balls it would take to drift into space without so much as a string tying you down.

I've met this man a few times. He also designed the system, and described it as just another day at work, not really thinking about the magnitude of it till someone else was commenting on it after the fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Flipswitch posted:

This motherfucker, right here.
Donald Sutherland?

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

Montalvo posted:

"Why are you asking me this motherfucking question?"

Samuel L. Jackson is Jules Winnfield as Henry Spencer in the big budget remake of Eraserhead!

Now I want "The Man with no Name" Animated series.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Cardboard posted:

Both from Keith Thompson's website. http://www.keiththompsonart.com/index.html

He actually put out books for this stuff too. And, I think the Undead one turned up in Spectre. A lot of those robots are in that book, good reference material if you like drawing robots.

Frostie
Jun 5, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

This motherfucker, right here.

What is this from? What outfit is this man with?

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")

Man on TV posted:

Project Excelsior

Right now, Felix Baumgartner is preparing to break this record and also achieve supersonic speeds during freefall.

Joe's helping him.

Video.
Site.

And a picture:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Frostie posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Army_Special_Forces

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Frostie posted:

US special forces is all I know.

e;fb

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Flipswitch posted:

US special forces is all I know.

e;fb

Doesnt he go by Bones or is that another SF bad rear end with a giant beard?

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Click here for the full 800x1000 image.

Can't remember who drew it. From a "How do you want to die" thread in GBS.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
maybe this is a little context heavy, but

The one on the right is John Will, who was one of the first 12 non brazilians to recieve a brazilian jiu jitsu black belt. He's also traveled the world, doing tons of gnarly as gently caress things like working with the Indonesian cops on drug stings. He runs a school in Geelong (Victoria, Australia) and is an absolutely amazing guy to train with. A real master and complete badass. The other is Rigan Machado, BJJ royalty, and a really nice guy. He also taps out world champions and laughs.
There was an awesome 40k Picture of a Space Marine howling his defiance at a Titan. anyone got it?

noggut
Jan 15, 2008

:cool:

Yeah Funyuns
Jul 22, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Sam will take on any of those bearded special forces fags.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

JEEVES420 posted:

Doesnt he go by Bones or is that another SF bad rear end with a giant beard?

I think that's this dude:

SA member mugrim has a styled avatar of this dude which is pretty cool. Both are bad rear end.
\/\/\/ It's the same guy? what a beard trim can do for a man.

Flipswitch has a new favorite as of 17:06 on Jun 28, 2010

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

As far as I know, both of those pictures are the same guy and his code name is actually Cowboy, he's a tier 1 operator, AKA army special forces that are basically autonomous operators. The reason for the giant beards apparently is that giant beards are a sign of being a badass and worthy of respect in the middle east.

StrungOutFlip
Mar 17, 2009

Alright guys, lets shoot the stars...ohhh you just killed every star!

Psychotic badass with a captive bolt pistol and silenced shotgun

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

Jetfire was the coolest robot ever. loving Michael Bay took all those badass looking robots and made them secondary characters to teenagers and the boring as poo poo military.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Sourdough Sam posted:

Jetfire was the coolest robot ever. loving Michael Bay took all those badass looking robots and made them secondary characters to teenagers and the boring as poo poo military.

gently caress you, man, this one is leagues better:

From the new game, out now.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

Wade Wilson posted:

gently caress you, man, this one is leagues better:

From the new game, out now.

I know I know. I have this game too on steam and just beat the decepticon campaign with a little goon co-op action. what a blast.

I'm just angry because I know how hard the artists had to work to design the movie robots with such intricacy and expertize only to have Michael Bay leave them out of half the movie to make way for his gay military fantasies and "humor". In fact, I bet it was his idea to give devastator a wrecking ball nutsack which a character EVEN POINTS OUT, "I am directly beneath enemy scrotum.", and this is the guy who is cutting Megan Fox from the third film supposedly because of nude pictures on the internet.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

What can I say? I like modular analog synths.

HawaiianBurgerJoint
Feb 7, 2009

Click here for the full 1025x765 image.

BethelBAR
Apr 17, 2008

by Cowcaster
Repeating my request for ultimate badass South American police/ drugs squad/ special forces dude with a fat cigar in his mouth.

Edit: In return, a picture of a goon I can't remember the name of, jumping out of a motherfucking B17's bomb bay, he is a true badass...

BethelBAR has a new favorite as of 23:21 on Jun 28, 2010

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

OxMan posted:

As far as I know, both of those pictures are the same guy and his code name is actually Cowboy, he's a tier 1 operator, AKA army special forces that are basically autonomous operators. The reason for the giant beards apparently is that giant beards are a sign of being a badass and worthy of respect in the middle east.

I thought special forces across the world grow as much facial hair as possible when they are in action because it is a natural disguise. They can shave their faces when they return to civilian life without being in danger of being recognized.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

My dad, 1969 biker hippie hanging out in the park:

Click here for the full 543x800 image.

Dad summer of 2009, reunion, still as bikery and badass as ever.

Click here for the full 533x800 image.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
My Dad's better.

shock.wav
May 25, 2009
The blood of King Leonidas flows in your veins.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

shock.wav posted:

The blood of King Leonidas flows in your veins.

Looks more like a fat whats-his-name from Scrubs.

Mr. Giggles
Nov 4, 2009

Wade Wilson posted:

Looks more like a fat whats-his-name from Scrubs.

Nope definitely looks like a bad rear end

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Mr. Giggles posted:

Nope definitely looks like a bad rear end

If my first thought when seeing him reminds me of a bad show on Comedy Central, he isn't bad rear end.

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010

Wade Wilson posted:

If my first thought when seeing him reminds me of a bad show on Comedy Central, he isn't bad rear end.

Are you loving kidding me. This is a goon's Dad who is staring down that camera with the chillest goddamn eyes while having a manly as hell beard while serving his country by killing cunts with his loving gun :colbert:

I would give my left nut to be that man's son :allears:

candiE_Kane
Sep 15, 2007

P Funk Chainsaw posted:

My Dad's better.

what the gently caress? Your Dad is Willie "gently caress your poo poo Up" Apiata?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Apiata

"Apiata was part of a New Zealand Special Air Service (NZSAS) Troop in Afghanistan in 2004 which was attacked by about 20 enemy fighters while holed-up for the night in a rocky rural area. Enemy rocket propelled grenades destroyed one of the troop's vehicles and immobilised another. This was followed by sustained machine gun and automatic rifle fire from close range.

A grenade explosion blew Apiata off the bonnet of his vehicle, where he had been sleeping. Two other soldiers in or near the vehicle were wounded by shrapnel, one of them seriously (Corporal D). After finding cover, it was seen that Corporal D had life-threatening arterial bleeding and was deteriorating rapidly.

Apiata assumed command of the situation, deciding all three would need to rejoin the troop which was about 70 metres to the rear. Apiata decided his only option was to carry Corporal D to safety, and none of the three was hit during the retreat. After getting Corporal D to shelter, Apiata rejoined the firefight."

Serious badassery.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

The Slippery Nipple posted:

Are you loving kidding me. This is a goon's Dad who is staring down that camera with the chillest goddamn eyes while having a manly as hell beard while serving his country by killing cunts with his loving gun :colbert:

I would give my left nut to be that man's son :allears:

You might want to look at this goofy fucker again:

Color his hair red and he could stunt double for that fucker from Knocked Up.

It isn't about the beard, it's the hair and the smiling eyes that ruin it.

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

P Funk Chainsaw posted:

oh hey I didn't know zach galifanakis had enlisted

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

The Grumbles posted:

oh hey I didn't know zach galifanakis had enlisted

Holy poo poo! :aaa:

:cawg:

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
You seem to have a grudge against this guy's dad for some reason. Dude seems like a badass plus those pictures are badass and trying to compare him to as many overweight comedians as you can think of isn't taking away from his badass-ness.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Wade Wilson posted:

Yeah, sorry bro--true badasses NEVER smile. Only scowl.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Robert Analog posted:

You seem to have a grudge against this guy's dad for some reason. Dude seems like a badass plus those pictures are badass and trying to compare him to as many overweight comedians as you can think of isn't taking away from his badass-ness.

Just because he looks like a badass doesn't mean that he doesn't look spot on like Zack G.

TMDTN
Oct 10, 2005
This Mixed Drink Tastes Nasty...

Wade Wilson posted:

Bearded guy v Tyra Banks (google image search for smiling eyes)

It looks like he's squinting what a pussy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

bows1 posted:

Just because he looks like a badass doesn't mean that he doesn't look spot on like Zack G.

I guess I see the Zack Galifianakis resemblance, you know beard and all, but his first two comparisons were Seth Rogan and Zach Braff.

• Locked thread