Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

Wanna be professional criminals with me?
You guys realize there is already a thread just like this right?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3198441

Click here for the full 464x650 image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

Click here for the full 990x618 image.

a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

Click here for the full 1617x1165 image.

Click here for the full 1389x1103 image.

This is just fearsome:

Click here for the full 1849x1208 image.

a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

Waroduce posted:

Click here for the full 1280x800 image.

From the Led Zeppelin 1973 Madison Square Garden concert. It's the best rendition of stairway to heaven I've heard. It's performed by the band just as their coming into their own. The video is thing of beauty. I think that picture from it is pretty badass. I like the double shot with the guitar. It was my background for a while.

Full video in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb-beamG91Y&feature=related
I know we've all heard the song a million times, but Zep is so much better live. The song has a different feeling in this video. Also, the solo,last verse and ending of the song give me goosebumps everytime. Literally. every single time.
No one could ever rock dragon suits and double guitars that hard ever again.

Click here for the full 1024x768 image.

Relevant:
:nws:
Click here for the full 1963x1285 image.

a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

Keshik posted:

That's not so much bad rear end as it is clever.
Content:
The Wild Bunch

Click here for the full 757x600 image.

a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

God Mode posted:

This is loving metal. You wouldn't happen to have this in a larger size, would you?

More from that festival:
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2010/01/fiery_european_festivals.html

a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

Microwave posted:

Whats this from?
Also look at this:

Click here for the full 800x580 image.

Click here for the full 1014x724 image.

Click here for the full 990x642 image.

a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

Even though they were the greatest generation it doesn't make some people in our generation any less great, case in point:

Salvatore Giunta

Salvatore Augustine Giunta is the first living person to receive the Medal of Honor, for actions that occurred since the Vietnam War. Giunta was cited for saving the lives of members of his squad on October 25, 2007 during the War in Afghanistan. He rescued three of his squad mates who were pinned down (and pretty much his whole platoon) and then noticed another soldier was missing so he chased after Taliban soldiers who were dragging his friend away shot them and then dragged his friend back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvatore_Giunta

Michael P. Murphy

Click here for the full 767x600 image.

He is on the far right.
Murphy and 3 other SEALS were on top of a mountain waiting to assassinate a Taliban leader. Some goat herders stumbled upon their position but were let go (so as to avoid any repercussions of killing civilians), later a force of Taliban soldiers estimated to be around 150 closed in on Murphy and his team. Heavily out numbered the SEALS began retreating down the mountainside while returning fire. Murphy broke from cover to reach higher ground to alert command that they were screwed, did I mention every single one of the SEALS was wounded multiple times at this point? Eventually the SEALS were cut down save for Marcus Luttrell who only escaped after he was blown off the mountain by a RPG. Luttrell then spent the next few days crawling to escape the Taliban before being hidden by local villagers and then eventually being rescued. Marcus Luttrell is also a badass and eventually wrote a book about the events.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Red_Wings

Edited for more Badassery:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Medal_of_Honor_recipients#War_in_Afghanistan

a bunch of ants has a new favorite as of 00:19 on Jan 7, 2011

a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

funtax posted:

Nah. Young Putin was still pretty intimidating.

Jeez he can be one creepy looking dude.

"Whats that? A rocket is launching behind me, I'm sorry I can't hear you over how cool I am."

Click here for the full 1280x866 image.

These Green Berets right here and others like them would participate in missions during the Vietnam War that were so secret many were never awarded the medals they deserved because the heroic acts they committed technically never happened. Also dozens were killed and their families were never told how their sons died saving lives and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bunch of ants
Jan 21, 2009

apsouthern posted:

Click here for the full 1500x1125 image.

Mug shot of De Gracy (sic) and Edward Dalton. Details unknown. Central Police Station, Sydney, around 1920.

Wow, who are these bad-asses?

I love old school mugshots:
Frank Sinatra

Pretty Boy Floyd

Baby Face Nelson

Machine Gun Kelly

Click here for the full 665x451 image.

John Dillinger

Not a mugshot, but Butch Cassidy's Wild Bunch

Click here for the full 757x600 image.

Also does anyone have the mugshot of some young kid shackled and he is making GBS threads on a bench in front of an iron wall? It is from the American Civil War Era I think.

Edit: Me talk pretty one day

• Locked thread