Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Amazon allows you to top up your virtual Amazon gift card balance for any amount, so I just buy a $.03 Amazon gift card.

Even if you don't shop at Amazon, Amazon balance sells close to par with cash on SA Mart and elsewhere.

EDIT: Oh, there's a whole new page here.. oops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007

Umbreon posted:

I believe you, so I'm trying to find a good way to calculate so I can actually see the numbers myself and see exactly how much that flexibility would cost me. Would any random auto loan calculator do or is there a better way to find that out?

Another consideration for this would be the length of time where you'd be underwater on the loan. If you choose option 2 (which I wouldn't do for a car, but am sort of doing on my house, so I understand the impulse) is that if a catastrophe occurred and you'd need to sell your car, being underwater on the loan complicates things a lot. Obviously if you were making large payments before that this isn't really a concern, but it's something to think about when gaming out scenarios.

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007

Or https://www.doctorofcredit.com/high-interest-savings-to-get/