Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

I just pulled my credit report, trimmed it down but this is the meat of it:

3 cards and a student loan, last two are recently paid off save I think ~$50. First two carry, uh, comfortable balances.

I have no memory at all of where those late payments came from on my first card. I am 90% sure I wasn't ever late, and 99.999999% sure I was certainly not 30 days late.

What should my first course of action be on getting this corrected, or really is it even worth worrying about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Is there a difference between a loan being "withdrawn" and denied?

I applied for a car loan from my very small credit union (it's a CU exclusive to my workplace, I happen to know I was their 410'th member when I joined about 6 months ago, and they've been around for many years) pretty much just out of familiarity without really expecting them to give out loans for any amount at all... for anything.

I filled out the application on their website which looked like it was made in, oh, 1996. It didn't even ask me to specify which car I wanted to buy, or they year, or anything besides the loan ammount. In fact I can't remember if there was even a place to specify what the loan was for at all, lol.

I filled out everything completely, and now the loan status is listed as withdrawn.

When I googled it I didn't get much besides people talking about how it means they didn't even check my credit (which I would consider quite good in relation to the specifics of the loan), and it has just been denied on on their side of things.

I was trying to call them but I'm not sure if anyone actually works there. I think it's a credit union robot.