Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eurekapile
Jan 9, 2008

don't horace around
Can anyone help me figure out about loans?

I'm 23 and one summer quarter away from graduating college. I have $24000 in student loans, $6000 in credit card debt and a credit score of 712.

I make about $1200 a month currently, and in July I will start fulltime work at $4100 a month pretax.

I need to find a way to get about $4000 by June 11th to pay for school this summer.

I think my options are a private school loan or an unsecured loan. I checked with my school and I can't get any more federal loans this year.

What I would like to do is to get a $10000 dollar loan, pay for school, and use the rest to pay of my credit card.

Any suggestions on how I can get money? How should I apply for a loan? What should I watch out for? Suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eurekapile
Jan 9, 2008

don't horace around

froglet posted:

From what I've heard here in BFC, student loan debt is not discharged by bankruptcy - why would you want to take on debt that can't be erased by bankruptcy to pay off something that can (the credit card debt)? If I were you I'd pay minimums on the credit card until my situation improves (i.e. that full time job starts) and start tackling the debt.

Also, have you tried applying for scholarships to cover your last quarter?

I mean, I'm planning on paying it all back. I start working full time in two months (work and classes at same time). I just need some extra money for now.

Is this site legit? http://www.simpletuition.com/student_loans_home?brnd=esl

Citi, salliemae, discover are listed as offering private student loans. Is there a downside to applying for something like http://www.discoverstudentloans.com/home.aspx ?