Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I got denied for an apartment despite making 4x the rent because of bad credit. So, I have some questions about credit which is something I’ve never really cared about.

I have no credit cards or loans. I had a car loan about 10 years ago and always paid on time. I paid off some serious medical debt a few years ago. I pay my electric, cable, rent, phone, insurance, and internet mostly on time.

I signed up for credit karma which shows a 671 score. Experience has me at 550.

Both show the same things.

I thought I was done with student loans but I have $3,300 and it’s in default. I’ll make a $300 payment and get a plan set up in a few days when I have time to make the call. E: $78 is interest

I have a $600 closed credit card from 2019 that was written off and a settled account with frontier for a cable box I never returned and ignored for like two years.

Which score is actually my score? 550 or 671? Why is my credit bad, or fair at best when I’ve always paid my debts? Do my regular bills not count?

Anyways, 62 days until I’m homeless!

Arrgytehpirate fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Mar 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU