Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH
So I guess this is a good thread to ask this question in--The rates for apartments in my complex have plummeted since my girlfriend and I moved in (We pay $750/mo, nowadays the same apartment is roughly $575/mo).

We signed a 2 year lease (I'd lived here a year already and loved the place, so we wanted the biggest discount possible). Are rental rates usually locked in from the signing of the lease, or is it something where I could negotiate, especially considering how much lower the price for my apartment is nowadays?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH

FISHMANPET posted:

I'm well aware I've hosed this up, I'm just wondering if I have any recourse beyond just paying it off and never dealing with Dell Financial again.
Yeah, I'm not sure there's much to say about this story except "You done hosed up". Why did you choose to only pay $30/mo? I mean, if that's all you can afford, that's fine, but it's taken you 4 years to get to $700?

Those offers usually have a super high interest rate. You should probably pay off as much of it as you can as fast as you can, so you don't end up paying $3000+ for a $1500 laptop (though you may already be at that point)

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH

Sundae posted:

First, I hate you for having that low of rent. ;) Honestly, every single expense you have is less than the minimum possible here.

Those are per week figures, so he pays $1150/mo on rent.

Two things: $180/wk is fairly high for spending money, so if you were looking to save someplace, this might be a good place to look
And, what does "savings" entail? Is this an IRA?

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH
If you just ask, I don't think they'll lie to you. I got hit with this with USBank--basically, what they said was, if any electronic charges/deposits hit within 48h of closing the account. A purchase hit my account after I called without me knowing, and I didn't think to check, and later I got a fee of $10 for having a zero balance on my account.

So, my advice is to ask them in no uncertain terms, under what conditions your account would stay open, and then monitor the account for a few days after to make sure nothing reopens the account.

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH

2508084 posted:

Okay, I will admit (if necessary) that I'm a big, huge baby, but how do you guys keep your houses at 54F?! I left my heat off last night and was woken up half frozen at 62F(with a comforter and a "sleep outside" camping sleeping bag on my bed)! I live in California, granted, but I felt like I was going to freeze to death. My house is all electric, if it matters. I would have to wear a sweater, a hoodie, long underpants (if I owned any), sweat pants, and two pairs of socks to let it get that cold in my place.

I'm totally willing to accept that I'm a big baby if its the popular consensus.

Well, I don't go down that cold either (don't really have to, since I live in Florida), but the nights that get down to 65, I use an electric blanket.... I'm pretty sure i could handle 50F if i had an electric blanket. If you look at the times he has his house at those temps, it's the night and when everyone is probably working.