Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
Help me teach my sister begin her journey to max out her cards and make minimum payments for the rest of her life.

She's about to get her first card to build credit history and is asking everyone for advice. Here's a tip that I don't understand: it's better to pay off your balance in payments rather than in one lump sum. Just to make it clear, we're not talking about carrying over a balance month to month and racking on interest because "you have to show card activity."

He/she is saying to charge $400 and pay it off by spreading out four payments of $100 rather than one lump sum of $400 on the due date. Zuh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
Count me in as another Comcast sufferer.

Do you find yourself watching cable that often? I was in the same boat as you until I finally made the jump to streaming online, and haven't looked back since. I find Netflix ($7.99/mo) and Hulu (free) offer most of what I'm interested in.