Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impper
May 10, 2003

I recently bought some books on amazon and mistakenly charged them to an old account I had in college that I don't use anymore. I have no idea why I kept it open or why the credit card was still linked in Amazon, but that's what happened.

It went $50 over and now they're trying to hit me for $350 in overdraft fees. I'll be calling them and talking to them some time tomorrow or the next day, but is this acceptable at all? Can I do anything to just pay off the $50 without having to pay a $350 fine for an innocent mistake? What would happen if I just walked away from it and never spoke to them again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU