Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bgwin
Apr 23, 2004
Looking for some general thoughts on my financial situation and help with choosing a new credit card.

- 24 years old, have 15k in a Bank of America Savings account and 1k in a BOA checking account. I also have a $500 limit credit card through a local credit union I opened when I started college. I sporadically use this card and pay in full and never have been late.
- Through work I have a deferred compensation plan set up with The Hartford where I deposit $50 a week.
- Make roughly 55-65k a year depending on overtime
- No student loans, no car payment, no debt
- Main expenses are $700 monthly rent and $80 cell phone bill
- Through work I have a deferred compensation plan set up with The Hartford where I deposit $50 a week.

I am looking to open a new credit card but don't really know where to begin. I have done some research and the Chase Freedom card and Capital One look decent, although I don't really understand everything.

Also this summer I plan on buying a 2006-2008 Jeep so I'll be taking on a car payment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU