Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parsnip
Jun 24, 2004
you chose...poorly
I have a small credit card question...

I got one of those letters from BoA a while ago saying that my rate was going to change to 24.x% APR from 13.99%, and since I had a balance of ~4300 at the time, I picked the opt-out choice so I could keep the rate as it was. I paid off the card (yay!) 2 statements ago so I was expecting it to close. But it's still there! So what should I do? I got the card in 07 and it is my second oldest card (oldest is from 04).

I could use it to buy a pack of gum to make the card not self-terminate, but would that be the best thing to do? Or should I just let it close from inactivity, or from whenever BoA decides to close it from the opt-out option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parsnip
Jun 24, 2004
you chose...poorly

Zeta Taskforce posted:

I hate Bank of America. If your credit is otherwise excellent and you will still have access to enough credit, then even though you will take a short, modest hit on your score, you will more than OK. You don’t need to be one of those people who keeps accounts around that they hate because of some fear about your credit score like accumulating FICO points is a hobby.

Excellent, then I will just let the card go :) I do have access to enough credit (more than I should have, I feel, given my income right now) so whenever it decides to close itself is fine with me. Thank you!