Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spatula
Nov 6, 2004
Does it help my credit score to get the credit limit on my cards increased, even if I'm not going to get close to maxing it out anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spatula
Nov 6, 2004
What is a "good" or "good enough" credit score? I am mostly wondering what will be looked upon favorably when I'm trying to secure an apartment where they check that kind of thing. Quizzle says I am at 694. I'm told 720+ is optimal, but I'm not sure how to get there.

What can I do to increase my score besides just using credit cards and paying them off every month?

I think the only reason it's not any higher is just because I don't have much history. I'm just not sure what else to do, because it's been the same for about a year even after using my credit cards for everything and paying them off on time, every time. What else should I be doing?

spatula
Nov 6, 2004

moana posted:

You've checked your credit history and there's nothing on there against you like a late payment? Make sure you check all three reports from https://www.annualcreditreport.com. Apart from that, just keep doing what you're doing and you should be just fine.

Yes, I just checked all of them and there's nothing negative. I plan to keep doing what I'm doing, but when can I expect my credit score to go up? I'm making plans to move in a year, and it sounds like my score is going to be really important to secure housing.

spatula
Nov 6, 2004
A few months ago my dumb cat ate some dumb poo poo and I had to pay a lot of money to fix him. I got this CareCredit credit card because I got 6 months of no interest on it, but I'll be done paying it off next month.

So what do I do with this credit line when I'm done with it? I will never use this card again, because there's really no benefit to it after the promotional period is over. I should leave the account open, right? Can I just cut up my card into a million little pieces and be done with it?