Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

Vestral posted:

I need some credit card management advice. For reference, I'm in Australia.

:doh:

It sounds like you really need to get a hold of your overall financial situation. For example, you're not budgeting, you're opening up new credit cards and I would bet that you have no idea what your monthly expenses are. Combine that with your BF's ways, and I predict a Cornholio. Take a look at the OP, get an overall view of your financial situation, then tackle those specific debts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

AA is for Quitters posted:

ok, so not so newbie, and not even for me...

long story short my sister's husband racked up over 200k in debt.

Lawyer, lawyer, lawyer.

Edit:

shrike82 posted:

I originally posted this in D&D but it's relevant here too - if your net worth is > $3,662, you're doing better than the median < 35 US household. Give yourself a pat on the back!

Is this including or excluding mortgage debt and/or equity?

Evil SpongeBob fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jan 28, 2012

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

SlightlyMadman posted:

Yeah, I just opened a "Rollover IRA" with Vanguard and I just filled out the paperwork with Vanguard's address and they cut the check right to them. I never even had to touch it.

Welcome to the Vanguard club. If they had bumper stickers, they'd be the first/only thing on my '96 explorer.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Anyone used vanguard's advisor service? I signed up, they charge 0.3% of vanguard assets annually and you can import all other 401k and tsp. My call is at the end of the month.