Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

does anyone have any good excel templates they like to use? i'd love to be able to use mint but it doesnt work in the UK and i need to get my house in order. Not in any bad situation just i'm pissing money up the wall on crap instead of sticking it in savings.

I downloaded the PearBudget sheet earlier this week.

It's still too early for me to give an honest review of but it was recommended in one of the budget related threads that pops up on this forum.

https://www.pearbudget.com/spreadsheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
I updated my CreditKarma score today and noticed that there was a hard inquiry on my credit report in the past 30 days. I haven't applied for any additional credit.

Is this something to be concerned about or is it routine for say my insurance company or a bank I have a credit card with to pull my report?

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
Federal Consolidated Loans:
$18,808 at 6.88%
Minimum monthly: $168.00

Private Loans:
$2,993 at 9.25%
Minimum monthly: $51.00

Car:
$16,000 at 0.00% (yay)
Minimum monthly: $410.00

401(k):
~$20,000
History shows it only gaining ~2%
Monthly contribution: ~$271 (ER also matches this amount)

My employer match on the 401(k) becomes vested in about 2 months. I realize that if I were to cash out my 401(k) it'd be taxed significantly. But looking at its low return and the high interest rates on my student loans, does it make sense to pay them down as much as I can, as soon as I can?

I don't have any credit card debt. I have a credit score in the 700s. Is refinancing the Federal loans an option? I feel money dumb. Thanks for any input!

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

Sophia posted:

So my advice would be to hit that small, highest interest loan hard, change your 401(k) investment strategy to something more aggressive (depending on your age), and go back in time and not buy that car.

Thanks for the advice.

My 401(k) investment is currently set to a 2050 life cycle fund which is supposed to be a bit aggressive.

I'm reimbursed for mileage through my employer. Love the car and mpg (Prius) and is amazing in comparison to the disaster I was driving before. I did the math before purchasing and went with the new Prius as I was offered 60 months at no interest.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
I made the mistake of applying for a credit card four weeks after moving to a new city and state.

The issuing bank wants proof of address but only in the form of a landline phone bill (not cellular which is what i have), cable bill which I won't have because the internet exists, or utility bill which I won't have as water and sewage are included with my apartment rent. I will have an electric bill but probably not until the first week of January. They want the proof within the week.

I sent them a number of other documentation but they said it needs to be one of the items above.

They also said that failure to show address validation will mean that my application will be withdrawn. Is that essentially equal to a denial? If so, how does that affect me going forward? I imagine that regardless I already have a hard inquiry on my credit.

I have decent credit (705 range) and even have a work related commercial card with this same issuing bank (I didn't have trouble updating my address with that card). Are they just being dicks?