Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

you mean replacement chips for old cars, don't you
nobody will make those lol

e. oh you are hoping for the supply chain of car chips to improve and unfuck the car market, I understand

which country will intel manufacture automotive chips in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hadlock posted:

I would normally lol at this, but yeah taking the team out to go whale watching is a solid "we're flush with cash" move if I ever saw one

You can whale watch from the shore, if you do that it's not exactly an expensive trip. Was this "we chartered a boat for our regular employees" flush with cash, or was it "a gaggle of IT nerds clustered nervously at a picnic bench near the beach parking lot looking through binoculars hoping to spot a whale 2 miles out"?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

tsla has previously been accused of all manner of shenanigans like "selling" cars that aren't actually sold yet on the basis of some presale agreement, putting cars on rented parking lots and calling that dealership inventory, counting cars as built that aren't actually built yet, etc.
but
that's a bit different from somehow making a bunch of costs disappear from the books. Like if they miscategorize opex then it has to show up in some other expense category and I would like to see some proposal for where it went.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

downout posted:

This seems like such an obvious opportunity for EU to partner with N African countries to build power lines and solar. That power generation could be world changing.

They are and do, but there are huge hurdles.
Sabine is a physicist and very smart, her channel on science without the gobbldegook is must-watch, and this video has some explanation (along with covering many of the other problems with generation, transmission, and storage):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8xsg9iK5yo

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Advanced topics:
forex
bonds, as in actual bonds rather than bond funds, unless you're covering this in fixed income?
derivatives other than options and futures (e.g. forwards and swaps)? I don't know that this thread has ever talked about these before though
maybe a brief mention of crypto and why we don't talk about it here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm the log scale on that y axis