Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Revolt
Jul 10, 2008

Who in Fact "he" Is

Jreedy88 posted:

On another note, does anyone else feel like shorting AAPL these days? I'm thinking the sales numbers for the iPad will be abysmal.
I shorted a small amount right before the announcement, covered a few days later.

But I won't be shorting them again- the amount of fanboys who will buy it no matter what is going to boost their sales. And you still have to worry about their continuously improving Macbook sales. The only time to reliably short them is right before the pre-announcement run up drops off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Revolt
Jul 10, 2008

Who in Fact "he" Is

Duey posted:

I decided a few days ago to go long on Sirius XM. I might have hopped on this bandwagon too late, but I don't think so. Pretty sure this stock is going to at least 1.00$. I don't think this qualifies as Penny Stock discussion given their market cap and their listing on NASDAQ.
I don't know if I'd want to go long on it. With Stern's contract renewal coming up it could become very volatile