Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
You score big with one stock and they call you a genius for a little while.

You score big with one sheep...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Looks like it'll be a quandary for whichever judge gets this. On the one hand, if you don't enforce the merger agreement, you poo poo all over every other contract in Delaware and open up a massive can of worms for existing and future contracts. On the other hand, if you do enforce it, you have to deal with some combination of Elon ignoring the court/years of appeals/pandering to the court of public opinion/actually enforcing it.

I'm not a lawyer by any means, but it looks like a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Woodchip posted:

Did I miss something? Indexes up 5%?!?

I think it's because inflation came in lower than what was expected.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

Oh my loving god.

Pretty sure I’ve seen screenshots of their UI where there’s a leverage slider that goes up to 1000x or something, but sure if you don’t stay on top of labeling your bank accounts things happen 🤷‍♀️

As if none of you haven't told your bank/credit card that poor Excel labeling was the reason you didn't realize you were in so much debt, and that you're declaring bankruptcy right now. Also, you were taking out cash advances and maxing out your cards and giving them to your alter ego to go gamble in Vegas. We're all a little guilty of that, right?

Edit: your, not our. I WAS NOT VERY CAREFUL WITH MY WORDS HERE, AND DO NOT MEAN ANY OF THEM IN A TECHNICAL OR LEGAL SENSE; I MAY WELL HAVE NOT DESCRIBED THINGS RIGHT though I'm trying to be transparent. I'M NOT A GOOD POSTER AND PROBABLY MISDESCRIBED SOMETHING.

Shroud fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 10, 2022

Shroud
May 11, 2009

esquilax posted:

Probably depends on if it's just a prankster or someone who held any kind of short position on LLY.

Can't rule out some young trader trying to use the twitter chaos for a pump and dump / trash and cash.

Seems like a lot of healthcare stocks are down today. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it was just a funny coincidence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shroud
May 11, 2009
I remember walking away from etrade when they nearly got in trouble during the financial crisis in '07-'08. Seemed really sketchy for a brokerage.