Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

Limit Up posted:

Oh sorry about that. I wasn't sure how much detail posters here care to see.

Yeah actually pure form is exactly what will make you the consistent money. What you listed is going to be the stuff that will work year after year. It never changes. I got caught up in a lot of the garbage but some of it is great.

Two things I will add to it are channels and pivot points. Channels are a must as well. Pivot points are great for short-term trading and there are a lot of whales who use them. Channels can go long and short term.

That trade itself was a very basic trade off of support. The entry itself was on a breakout above a key level. I'll post up some pictures of the setup and explain the trade from the 1 hr chart straight down to the 1 min chart, however I don't know how things work here and I don't want to clog up this thread with a lot of pictures. (i'm new here and don't want to upset anyone) PM me if you're interested.

you don't seem to have PM setup on your account, but feel free to explain (w/ pictures :) (feel free to send me a PM)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard
to monitor FX, what's a good, free platform to use? Last time I looked into it, Metatrader was what people were using. Anything else I should be using?

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Picked up 3OIL this morning at 1.06. Trading at 1.17 now. I'm ready to ride this rollercoaster.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Filthee Fingas posted:

Picked up 3OIL this morning at 1.06. Trading at 1.17 now. I'm ready to ride this rollercoaster.

Looks like I jumped in at the right time.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

oxsnard posted:

Aaaaaannnd down goes oil!

SUNE files bankruptcy, yeildcos shoot up through the roof. The market makes no sense sometimes

And we're back up again! Seriously I'm just going to hold this for a while and see if oil hits 50

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

greasyhands posted:

Just bought a bunch of FSLR@51.36

May be exiting DWTI soon, too much volatility. I was hoping for oil to move to the high 30s

Between 3OIL (UK equivalent of UWTI) and NUGT, I can't get enough volatility.

Filthee Fingas fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 11, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Anyone planning to make a GBP/EUR Brexit Play? Was thinking of going long before the vote (can't see the exit vote winning).

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

greasyhands posted:

If you are somehow timing the daily swings profitably, you are one lucky motherfucker.

Oil always draws down in May for obvious reason, it drew down over 15mil barrels last year when the surplus was supposedly worse. And now we have the temp sands shutdown which is reflected for several days in this data- which is nearly the entire explanation for any possible drawdown as 99% of that oil comes straight to the US. The sands are already starting back up and Saudi is showing the whole world how big its boner is. This bullishness is *insane*- these reactions are completely baseless, particularly when the API number showed a 3mil build. I was ready to close this position, but I'm thinking about adding more just because the action is so ridiculous and it always whipsaws back in the end.

edit: bought more DWTI 85.99

I got in on DWTI fairly early so been riding these waves for past couple weeks.

NUGT has been alot easier to make money off of. Been buying when around 85~88 and selling when above 95 (decided to hold some and now at 104).

Note: As other's have mentioned, it's gambling pure and simple. I'm not throwing mad money at it and if I can make a few grand off this, so be it.

Filthee Fingas fucked around with this message at 11:26 on May 12, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
what the hell is up with MGT. Mcafee jumps onboard and now the stock is up 515% in 5 days? (up 27% just today).

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Nothing like holding 3 x ETFs and having a 30-day hold policy before you can sell. I'm seeing all these gains on 3OIL and NUGT and I can only hope they continue...

We're only allowed to sell before 30 days if we lose more than 10% of the holding.

Filthee Fingas fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 17, 2016

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

wyoak posted:

lol, how does that happen?

Work for a Financial Institute who bar shorting and don't want anyone to be involved in any day-trading.

Funny thing is, I'm not allowed to short but I can go long on an inverse ETF.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Yah but it gets messy managing the timings of each - they weren't happy when i sold on 29th day once.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
MGT got halted earlier. Reached 5.5 this morning and now dropped to 3.02.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
I'm tempted to load up on Gold again following yesterday's drop. I'm not convinced Yellen will risk increasing the rate in June, especially with Brexit vote happening a week later.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Triglav posted:

Fed day was amazing, but I was an idiot and held a partial long into release. Everyone was risking off and the market was slumping over, but I decided to try it out with my trail since I figured everyone was priced for the same old "we wanna raise but not yet." I might as well have closed out fully at the double top because the headline algos spiked price down hard, hitting my trail and evidently everyone else's. Following the algos short into the hole and into the correlation tug o' war was great, though.

My oil position got stopped out and I closed my metals for re-evaluation while dollars and treasuries rebalanced. Seeing how gold and silver performed today, I'm happy I took them off. Got back in long oil today on the natural gas release and decided to hold a partial overnight for continuation.

I guess SPY liked XLE liking the natty release. Green on the close, but still below the previous. Downside momentum still increasing, slowly. Breadth still deteriorating, slowly. VIX unchanged but still elevated.

And there I was this morning, so happy to see us finally leaving 2040's balance for the 2025 NPOC :downs:

2030 on the open would be nice. 2040 could be a snoozer. Maybe options will jostle things.

Yellen had to open her trap the other day and ruin my gold run. Rather than jump off that ride, I lowered my average price by picking upat Nugt at 80 and rode it back up to 88. I'm just above flat now. I'm expecting a gold rally today to end the week.

I'm still skeptical of a rate hike this June. Thinking of going balls out and holding my gold position beyond the announcement.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Doubling Down on NUGT appears to have paid off.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Anyone still holding APDN? Haven't heard any news lately yet the stock price seems to yoyo based off nothing.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

The fallout from Brexit kept me away from checking my portfolio.

UWTI is now 30% lower than it was had I just blind sold that Friday. Even if I had taken until the subsequent Friday, it's 25% lower.

On the bright side, my portfolio as a whole isn't down too much since, if at all, so I guess that's the silver lining?

I'm still very bullish on Oil and will continue to buy some as it continues to drop. So far I'm down 1k on oil on my current holdings but net up 5.5k this year with gold/oil. I can't see it dropping back to $35/barrel levels and still believe we'll see 55/barrel come the end of 2016.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Gold tanking off the back of the Jobs Report released. So jobs up over expectations yet GDP Q2 down compared to prior year. So we're getting a large increase in low paying jobs. Any reason not to load up on more gold since we know there won't be any rate movement until at least after the election?

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Gold down off the back of Yellen potentially raising rates in Sept?

Time to double down on Gold

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Gold got rocked late yesterday - still don't believe they'd raise the rate before the election but I was also wrong about Brexit. Can't be wrong twice right?

Going to hammer gold ETF near close of day

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Filthee Fingas posted:

Gold got rocked late yesterday - still don't believe they'd raise the rate before the election but I was also wrong about Brexit. Can't be wrong twice right?

Going to hammer gold ETF near close of day

Ended up getting in earlier today when i saw the volume.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

What's NUGT and DUST going to do tomorrow?

Depends on how good or bad the jobs report is. NUGT skyrocketed yesterday (the fact that walmart axed 7000 jobs had a nice impact).

Usually though August is a poor report so we'll see. I'm still a firm believer of no rate hike before Dec 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
Wow and here I've been bag holding NUGT for way too long. Finally I can recoup some of my losses