Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insaint
Nov 22, 2005

lazybrain posted:

Woohoo Toyota!

Christ it's getting pummeled today..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insaint
Nov 22, 2005

lazybrain posted:

heheh, the beauty of trailing stops... I was out at 80 and back in around 73 :D

Yeah trailing stops are awesome, I should use them more often.

Insaint
Nov 22, 2005
drat you Palm.

My 9.0P options ended worthless last friday, tuesday you go down ~8% because of a downgrade and now you slash your guidance?

gently caress.

Insaint
Nov 22, 2005

ayekappy posted:

I bought a $50 lottery ticket and bought some May $1.00 ABK PUTS

Lottery ticket already doubled in value it seems.

Insaint
Nov 22, 2005

Insaint posted:

Lottery ticket already doubled in value it seems.

And again, that's some sweet timing.

Insaint
Nov 22, 2005

I WANT TO EAT BABBY posted:

It's only down 1% and it's not uncommon that it declines ahead of earnings. Often picks back up a day or two later. At any rate options premiums were ridiculous so I sold May ICs at the close.

Edit: And they loving crushed earnings ($3.33 v. $2.45 "expected") :(

Up 7% so far.

Insaint
Nov 22, 2005

pr0k posted:

I think I'll hold off until the oil spill news at least slows down. Right now it's still accelerating.

RIG is getting butchered over that spill, glad I didn't get in when I was eyeing it a month ago. Though I guess once the extent of the damage/reparations is clear it might be worth jumping in.

God knows how long the probe will take though.

Insaint
Nov 22, 2005

Baddog posted:

They've already lost way more in market cap than the fine will ever be.

I see people throw that around a lot, but if they were hit with a 10bn "fine" (total cost in cleaning/litigation) wouldn't they lose far more than that in market cap?

Insaint
Nov 22, 2005

Cheesemaster200 posted:

What the hell is up with USDJPY, it tanked like 3 yen in like 30 minutes...

Ain't the only thing tanking, my DSX is down like 7%, luckily I sold some calls on DJX.

Insaint
Nov 22, 2005
Up 3% for the day :smug:

Though I only just caught up to the general market rise in the last month with that.

Insaint
Nov 22, 2005

ayekappy posted:

Hey, if today's rally can get me some $15 MAY PUTs for .65 a pop on GNW I'll be happy. :)

Glad I changed it to .50! Looks like I still overpaid, haha oops.

Got in at .20 among other things, let's see how long this rally lasts.

Insaint
Nov 22, 2005

ayekappy posted:

Yeah, I bought some more at .25-.20 to average things out. I still feel kind of dumb about jumping the gun and getting my off-the-top-of-my-head calculations incorrect and buying for as high as .50 this morning, d'oh.

Live and learn. I probably should've gotten more than I did, but oh well.

Insaint
Nov 22, 2005

ayekappy posted:

Hey, if today's rally can get me some $15 MAY PUTs for .65 a pop on GNW I'll be happy. :)

Glad I changed it to .50! Looks like I still overpaid, haha oops.

Thanks buddy, got in for an average of .15 sold half at .36 and the rest at .95.

Insaint
Nov 22, 2005

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Following up on the TTWO talk from a couple weeks ago...

Nice. I definitely thought people were underestimating the impact of RDR's success.

(I didn't expect them to knock it this far out of the park, though...)

Pretty drat nice. Bought some monday, more for the long term but hey I ain't complaining. Shame I couldn't really risk more than a few % in my portfolio.

Insaint
Nov 22, 2005

abagofcheetos posted:

Awesome, I love how I was here pumping the stock near it's year low saying it was the most undervalued stock ever, yet didn't buy any :suicide:

Only got myself some WDC, still doing pretty good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insaint
Nov 22, 2005

IratelyBlank posted:

Also, this may be broker-specific (I am using Options House), but what is "buying power"? As I made my trades today, my buying power has gone down by an amount equal to what my trade is worth and never rebounded back up. To illustrate, I started with $500, it took -$200 (or something) for my first trade and then another $250 for my second trade and now I only have a "buying power" of $50 even though I sold everything I bought today. Do they just hold my funds overnight or something?

It takes a while for a trade to settle, think it's trade date +3 days for stocks and +1 day for options/futures.