Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Yay, my name is off the Stock picking thread!

Some notes:

- TD Ameritrade bought ToS.
- Ninjatrader is a great (top 3) charting platform, not just execution platform.
- Thanks for keeping the automated penny stock post in tact, but you lost the hilarious graphic!

Best of luck on the new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Baddog posted:

I like seeing what other people are trading, no matter what they base it on, its fine man. Just wanted to be sure you had heard at least one contrary opinion before putting a ton of time in.

On that note, I looked up what TraderStav and his "hedge fund" are up to. Looks like he's in the market for his mom's 2002 Accord w/ 140K miles.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3213538&userid=97143#post400442442

Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it seems like an odd choice for someone who was such a self proclaimed wizard of the markets.

I ended up buying a used one anyway. Hedge fund didn't work out, I quickly learned the lesson that actively trading while trying to juggle a day job and a newborn at home just wasn't a great idea. Then I got bored with the markets and focused on just living light. Looked at my net worth and saw how much awesome debt I had. Sold my overpriced car and working it down.

But it's cool if you really want to take a jab, I earned it for all the poo poo talking I did back in the day. Also, it's SA so it'd be cool.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I had $125 in BTC just sitting on RH from when I bought in at $8k. Hit sell and despite being filled, no increase in buying power to get in on this DOGE.

How loving long does it take to clear a BTC trade on RH anyway?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I posted, so it finally cleared. I have $123.52. All in at DOGE market? This definitely feels like a market order kind of day, doesn't it?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

TraderStav posted:

I posted, so it finally cleared. I have $123.52. All in at DOGE market? This definitely feels like a market order kind of day, doesn't it?

In at $.078 with 1,583 DOGE. I have $250 of ETH at Coinbase, but can’t sort out a way to get that to RH to buy more and you can’t buy DOGE there. So will just keep that there and go to bed.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

What's a good webpage that has reasonably timely DOGE market updates that I can put in the corner of my desktop today to lol?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Muchas Gracias

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Just was at the Apple store getting my AirPods replaced under their replacement program for the defective bunch and the guy at the counter was full of tons of energy talking about how DOGE is going to the moon.

It was a really surreal moment where my worlds were colliding and I started questioning whether the simulation was exposing itself to me again.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Syrinxx posted:

Is he aware he works for AAPL, an actual good security to own

I just nodded and pretended like I couldn't fully understand him behind his mask and the intercom system that goes through the plexiglass that they now have. I felt like I was at a currency exchange booth at an airport.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Can't imagine there's a lot of people wanting to stay long going into the weekend.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

I chased it during the last peak and bought in at 7.8 cents, looking forward to mooning or losing my $125.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Those feeling burned by weed stocks, check out FTRPF. Mushroom stocks are the new hotness.

Will post my investment thesis on it later as I have to run to Costco now.

Earnings are Wednesday

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

TraderStav posted:

Those feeling burned by weed stocks, check out FTRPF. Mushroom stocks are the new hotness.

Will post my investment thesis on it later as I have to run to Costco now.

Earnings are Wednesday

Back from Costco, had communion and an iced coffee.

I haven't posted in the stock picking thread in well over a decade, but fun fact I created the first one, so you all have me to blame for everything.

That being said, here's my reasoning for liking this stock, do with it as you wish:

- Amazing team associated with the project (former CEO of Bayer pharma, former COO of Gats Medical Research Institute, former CEO of One Medical Group)
- Pretty much set to be the leader in the psychedelic industry which has very nice tailwinds from deregulation under Biden to help with diseases like anxiety, depression, eating disorders.... only magnified due to COVID.
- Valued at $25M comps MMED/Compass at >$1b. Thiel and Novograts company (ATAI) going IPO in Q2 which should bring even more attention to this space
- Management owns 47%, formerly sold their cannabis company to Aurora which hit $15B during peak cannabis hype. Psych starting to make me feel like it's cannabis 2014-15 again
- Uplisting from CSE to NASDAQ in Q4 '21. Robinhood traders can't buy it right now, think we'll see a lot of interest once they can. WSB wet dream potentially.
- Business is basically a combo of 3 parts (prop drug development, in-person facilities to administer since you cannot take these at home, digital app that is similar to Calm and Headspace where people reflect, find themselves, trip balls.)
- New Psych ETF just launched and should lead to some disproportionate buying towards this illiquid position since they are taking a market weighted approach but limited MMED and Compass to 10% top weighting
- I think it's a 5-10x MoIC in a year if it's able to bridge its valuation closer to MMED, Compass and ATAI and as hype takes over (ETF flows, IPOs, uplisting)

That's why I like it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

get me HQ! posted:

What service do you need to use to get at stuff like FTRPF that isn't on RH? If there are a few options which is the most user friendly/best app? I'm planning on migrating off of RH as I close positions there.

Weed stock mania 2k21 trip report: bought SNDL on a whim early last month, sold today at around $2.50, came out a couple grand ahead after losses from dumb bets on TLRY/APHA yesterday.

Gone Fashing posted:

assuming FTRPF is an OTC stock, TDA is a good choice

Schwab is another good one. Free commissions and no minimums.

Yes, FTRPF is currently on the pink sheets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

Wifi Toilet posted:

Fidelity has FTRPF, but with a $50 foreign transaction fee.

$0 foreign fee at Schwab. I bought today.