Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pblol
Jun 27, 2008
My girlfriend and I are planning a three week trip in SE Asia. We do not know when/if we will be back so we are trying to see as much as possible in the shortest amount of time. Our plan is to fly in and out of Singapore and back to Singapore after making making our way to Ho Chi Minh. This is also the cheapest based on our current location as Tiger Airlines does cheap Singapore flights.

Looking at the wikitravels for the 2 legs of the trip it should be very possible time wise. Singapore to Bangkok Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh

It should take a little over 24 hours travel for Singapore to Bangkok and then 30 hours for Bangkok to Ho Chi Minh. Is it a reasonable assumption that we would have enough time to stop a few places for a few days along the way and not be overwhelmed with the amount of time spent in transit? Also if we can only spend one or two days in the area what are some of the things we should definitely do? We're in India right now so we have a pretty good idea of temples and all that jazz.

pblol fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 4, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pblol
Jun 27, 2008
What I meant to say was we will probably only be able to stop in a 6 or so places that we could possibly spend more than a day or so in. So we will probably stop in major cities. Phnom Penh, Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh etc. But I'm doing a lot of research into stuff along the way. Just trying to make sure 3 weeks won't be too rushed.

The hilltribe thing looks really cool.