Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
My wife and I are thinking about Taiwan or Thailand the first week of May with a four and a half month old baby. We will be staying in the cities and likely can't get the hep vaccines done in time. Others have told us we will probably be OK. Is this a reasonable assumption?

Also, since we will have our baby with us, cleanliness is very important for accommodations, as is potable water. How much should we be looking to spend in each country per night on a clean place to stay in a safeish neighborhood?

Finally, We will limit whichever trip we take to staying in two cities, on a one or two week timeline. Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

So my wife and I have booked tickets to Bangkok for eight days in early may. We are bringing our baby who will be four and a half months old. Because of the baby, we don't want too grueling a schedule, so I would love some suggestions on what to see outside of Bangkok that is not too far away.

I am wondering too if anyone has a suggestion for a hotel in Bangkok that would be clean and have an ensuite bathroom so we can bathe the baby. It seems like a lot of places only have showers, so I was considering just buying a bigass bucket to wash the kid in, but if I can find a place with a bathtub in the room that is clean and well located that is a plus. Stuff like a refrigerator and AC would also be a plus, but I don't need a luxury joint or anything. How much should a be looking to spend per night?

Also, does anyone have advice regarding traveling with a child in Thailand?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Thanks all for the advice. We'll see how many places we actually get to. We were thinking of booking the first night or two and then sort of seeing how things go. Right now we live in Japan where that is a recipe for not having a place to stay at night or else paying a lot, but I get the sense that Thailand is set up for backpackers a little more and it's OK to be a little more spontaneous?

Also, I have heard that you can get tailored clothing for a reasonable price in Bangkok. Is eight days enough time to get this done? How much should I look to pay for a decent suit? Anyone have a tailor they like?