Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Condensed milk on pancakes or Pinoy pandesal...

Oh, sorry, carry on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

caberham posted:

Hey guys, I finally met an expat in Macau who loves going to Thailand all the time.

"Where in Thailand do you like to go?"

PATONG BECAUSE THE GIRLS THERE ARE SO NICE. I'M GOING THERE AGAIN FOR ANOTHER WEEKEND TRIP AND I USED TO LIVE THERE FOR 2 YEARS. Then he goes on about the intricacies of paying as little as possible for bar girls.

I only knew Patong from this thread. Thanks goons.

But I don't get it, he can just be a tinder parasite, why this fascination with bar girls? Oh he's cheap as gently caress, but not very smart.

Similar experience, but with a British expat in Manila who went on and on about his bar girl experiences in Angeles City. Felt like taking a shower after that conversation.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

On top of that, there are conflicting reports already about why the shortage is happening.

One water company is blaming low levels in one dam, but that dam supposedly only supplies less than 10% of the water in Manila. They also suggested El Niño was the reason, which was debunked by the weather forecast group.

Then you've got people insisting this could have been prevented had a planned dam project (conveniently funded by Chinese loans and currently being stalled due to ecological concerns) already been started.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

bawfuls posted:

Still looking for any beach-heavy recommendations in Indonesia (non-Bali division) or the Philippines

What's your beach interest? Surfing (Siargao), whale shark watching (Donsol), snorkeling (Cabilao or Anda), island-hopping (Coron or Caramoan), diving (Coron), or partying (Boracay)?

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Atlas Hugged posted:

Thailand has basically moved into a "Pandemic? What Pandemic?" mindset. They're dealing with outbreaks and clusters in much more limited ways and are relying heavily on the fact that people are lining up for their third or fourth shot at this point (I've had 2x AZ and 1x Moderna; my wife 2x sinopharm, 1x AZ, and 1x Pfizer) so when people do test positive it's typically mild. I think the Thai Pass system is working more or less as intended at this point with one night of quarantine being all you need. Mask use is pretty common everywhere but restaurants, so that's a big bonus as well.

Pretty much the same over here in the Philippines. The big test is gonna be the national elections next month. Not looking forward to the outbreak after May 9th.