Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Heading to Malaysia for a training course, myself and two coworkers will arrive three days before the course starts, and we're staying for two days after the fact. We'll be in Kuala Lumpur. I've had lots of recommendations about Genting, there's supposedly a rollercoaster and water park. I don't think I'll participate in either, but if anyone has suggestions of other things to do in Genting, I'd appreciate that.

I love all things nature related, and might rent a car if it lets me get to really worthwhile locations. Otherwise the plan is to just use taxis and hope they're relatively cheap. I'm not really one for drinking / clubbing / nightlife, so feel free to suggest tamer days or nights out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Waltzing Along posted:

Have you considered finding a white wall and just staring at it all day?

Rollercoasters make me feel awful, I see myself as a fat and out of shape person and am uncomfortable to do anything water-related as a result, and I'll be travelling with two Muslim colleagues hence the no drinking or clubbing or general nightlife recommendations.

I'm open to all other ideas though, staring at a white wall included.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Is there a store similar to Microcentre in Malaysia? I thought of getting some electronics whilst there and bringing them back since they're way more expensive where I live. Not sure what to search on Google maps.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Plaza Low Yat if you're in Kuala Lumpur, IT Mall if you're in Petaling Jaya. Both have the stores Ibblebibble mentioned

Both recommendations above were great, had all my electronically needs there. Unfortunately the specific thing I'm looking for is only available online and won't be delivered in time.

Also, how the hell do people survive with this humidity? It's absolutely horrific. I'm showering multiple times a day. Genting Highlands is the first time I've felt comfortable since landing lol