Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!
I'm headed to the Philippines in a few days with little to no itinerary.
We fly into Manila and will probably stay there a day or two to adjust, then we plan to head north to Luna, stopping in either Dagupan, Baguio, or both along the way.

I know the basics about the country (get the gently caress out of Manila ASAP, Jeepneys, etc.). I'm in a bit of a unique situation because I'll be traveling with my wife's family, and my FIL was born and raised in the Philippines, then moved to America in his teens and has lived there since. We'll be staying with various family members along the way, and they have a small beach hut they recently built in Luna where we plan to spend most of our time.

Is anyone familiar with that area? I figure the wife and I may pop down to San Fernando city for a night or two at a "resort" if we get bored in Luna, but other than that I have no idea what to do in the area. Neither one of us are big bar/nightclub type people (not like Luna would have any anyway).

Are there any must sees while we are there? I have no problem spending a week doing nothing next to the ocean, but I feel like I should make the most of flying to the other side of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!
Yep, that's the one!
I'll definitely look into checking out those sites, as we should have a car at our disposal the whole time we're there. As of now, my only plans are to hang out and drink with the chickens.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!
Just got back from 2+ weeks in the Philippines. I had a blast and will probably return in a couple years or so. The bum guns are great (it's just the sprayer hose like you'd find on a kitchen sink in the US that's connected to the toilet water supply) and I may install one at home if I can't afford one of the magical Japanese toilets like I used during my layover in Nagoya.

In contrast, here's the nicest toilet in the Philippines:

The back wall is glass looking out onto some plants. To be fair, they did expect you to pay after using it ($0.25).

I'll post some fun details from the trip after I get my photos all organized, but for now I'll leave you with this old lady who is cooler than you will ever be:

Hillridge fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Mar 22, 2011