Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ret
Sep 17, 2004

Time to comment on the punny thread title.

I lived directly above a coffee shop in the red light district of Singapore. It's been cleaned up a lot. However you can see what it would be like before and was like on some nights. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIfj4KH-DLc

It was pretty funny to be eating dinner at the coffee shop and stare at men my fathers age just sitting there with huge smirks on their face.

Also along the lines of stuff white people like gently caress YOU people who say I will travel with $5K USD and make it stretch. You are cock suckers and I really don't like you. Just because $10,000 Rupiah is $1 USD doesn't mean you have to be a tight wad with money on tipping etc.

Do whatever you want but if I'm travelling and I meet up with you and you turn down cool opportunities that are very affordably priced I will really think you're doing it wrong.

Ask me about Singapore
Living/Working in Jakarta

Also what I think every goon's fantasy is on arrival in Asia, towering over cute tiny asian women.

Ret fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jan 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ret
Sep 17, 2004

Cheesemaster200 posted:

We, (The T&T forum) should make our own Wiki....
I'd be interested I wanted to do one with more legit info from locals not tourists along lines of travel wiki (although there are a million sites that do this) I got the domain

tiptips.in/yourcityname which I thought was cute but yeah if anyone wants to I was looking at deki wiki just seemed like it would be a lot of work to start with I was really pumped up just to have really loving good info no bullshit