Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

illionaire
Apr 18, 2005

It's all about the
Yenjamins,
baby
e: Nevermind.

illionaire fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Feb 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illionaire
Apr 18, 2005

It's all about the
Yenjamins,
baby

Frost posted:

I just got back from a 6 weeks trip through Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam, so I can chime in on any questions people have and will write some thoughts later.

One good tip though: If you put 2 days of Khao San Road at the end of your trip you won't be so sad you're leaving. That place is only good for buying souvenirs for your family and boring the poo poo out of you. Especially when it's a buddhist holiday, they are not selling any alcohol and you can't sleep from the noise. I probably walked around the general area for 6 hours that night, which actually turned out to be a lot more interesting than Khao San.

Other than that I came out of the trip with a lot of love for Cambodia. Friendly people all around, easy travel and a lot of interesting sights and activities. Just saying, I went up and down Bokor Mountain on a scooter and it was the best thing I have done in recent years. Now I know what Breakbone fever must feel like.

I'm doing two weeks in Cambodia and 'Nam starting on the 13th. My current plan is to land in Siam Reap and head South to Phnom Penh before swinging across the border to Ho Chi Minh City, then hit up a bunch of cities on my way North toward Hanoi, where I fly back. Any generic advice?

illionaire
Apr 18, 2005

It's all about the
Yenjamins,
baby
Where did you stay in Siem Reap? I'm debating either Green Garden or Chen La guest houses, but those are both straight out of a Japanese tour book from eight years ago. Any recommendations? Make that a question for Phnom Penh as well, since I'll be going there too.

illionaire
Apr 18, 2005

It's all about the
Yenjamins,
baby
Leaving tomorrow to Siem Reap. I'll try to post a trip report when I get back.