Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Anyone got some recommendations for things to do in Ho Chi Minh City and Phnom Penh other than the war museums/reunification palace/Notre Dame cathedral and Killing Fields/Genocide museum/Sisowath Quay respectively?

Also, do I really need to exchange for dong in Vietnam or will I get by okay on USD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Yeah, that's ridiculous. If you're some smelly loving backpacker in fisherman pants walking down Khao San or visiting Chiang Mai, you're still as much of a tourist as anyone else.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Oh god, you want a good photo op, go up to Sky Bar/Sirocco restaurant, 63rd floor of the State Tower on Silom. The most amazing night views in BKK. Drinks and food are quite expensive though, and that's by western standards.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

da keebsta knicca posted:

If you are in Bangkok go clubbing in RCA it is better I think and you can hang out with the local young middle class. Also if you are in a group bottle service is actually a money saver...

Sheep-Goats posted:

RCA for those who don't know is short for Royal City Avenue and is a street with a lot of clubs on it. It used to be kind of a hellhole that was semi-notorious for having clubs full of thirteen year olds but they remodeled it a lot in like 2006 or something and now it's fairly nice. Best movie theater in Bangkok is also out there (because it shows a lot of weird little foreign movies and such and is also nice inside) and probably my favorite all you can eat barbecue place is nearby.

That being said there are tons and tons of great clubs in Bangkok and the best place to go changes from month to month.

Yeah RCA's really cool, though there's still some farangs there it's a lot better than the usual shitholes frequented by backpackers etc. Awesome on any night of the week basically. Recommend Route 66 and Slim & Flix.

Also club-wise and pretty much unknown by tourists (but loved by the Thai hiso crowd - expect to see a multitude of Lamborghinis, Porsches, BMWs and Mercs out the front) would be Demo and Funky Villa on Thong Lo Soi 10.

Pompous Rhombus posted:

If you wind up there, get the Long Island Iced Tea, it's strong as hell. Spicy is a terrible club but it's pretty awesome for people watching for that same reason (a delightful intersection of clueless tourists and freelance hookers).

Gazebo on Sukumvit Soi 1 is/was one of the better after-hours places (I'm not sure what the rules are like now); very chill and not full of prostitutes. There's a big seating area and a separate room with a dance floor.

Scratchdog (underneath Windsor Suites Hotel on Sukhumvit 20) wins for best BKK after hours club IMO. Always packed after 2am and fantastic for a great night out with friends including cheesy, super loud remixes, bottles of whiskey and shishas.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

If you're in Thailand, just don't go with 1-2-call! Got back into the country a few weeks ago to find that it kept continually sending me messages saying I was out of credit (like, hundreds of messages), which also ate up any new credit that I bought. DTAC <3

Sheep-goats - heard a rumour that bomb(s) were found at Chitlom? Confirm/deny?

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Yeah there's tons of diving/snorkelling around Railay - was there last week, and like Shnicker said, lots of dive cruise advertising - just don't expect much of a nightlife on the mainland (Krabi, Ao Nang), even if you say you aren't interested in partying there!

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Sheep-Goats posted:

Lack of nightlife is a signature effect of a dive town. If you find a spot with nightlife that usually means the diving can't be all that great, and vice versa.

Yeah, probably true in general, though IMO the nightlife on Koh Tao is loving great, and seems like I'm not the only one!

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Steve. posted:

I didn't mind the night life... it's fairly simple. Beach, bar, music, beer, buckets, random fireworks, and so on. I didn't go anywhere particularly fancy... but the places I went to definitely didn't suck, either! What didn't you like about it? I'm not being critical, just curious.

Agree!

Sheep-Goats posted:

Re: prices on Koh Tao, yeah, still stunningly cheap if you're coming from the west. I didn't like the nightlife on Tao just because it was so minimal and subdued -- maybe it's just the part of Tao I was on but people really seemed to be concentrating on diving.

Interesting that you thought it was minimal and subdued... Last time I was there, some of the places I've gone to along Sairee eg. Lotus Bar absolutely go off till the early hours. I mean, sure, it's not like the good clubs in BKK, but if you like beach bars, fire twirlers, loud music and lots and lots of alcohol - without being surrounded by disgusting fat eurotourists, gogo girls and hawkers like on Phuket or whatever - then it's awesome.

Steve. posted:

Where on the island were you? Sairee can get crazy at night, particularly Lotus Bar. Ah, Lotus... good times.

Oh man, just noticed this. God drat I have had some good times at Lotus Bar, definitely rates up there with the best of the Thai island clubs/bars IMO.

brendanwor fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Mar 17, 2010

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

da keebsta knicca posted:

Went to a party in Thonglor last night at a club called Demo. Night was called CMYK, pretty good electro night actually, with a lot of I guess would be pretty rich thais. 300Baht for a Long Island Ice tea but all you need is one to get flattened. But it is pretty hard to party with the locals unless you know a couple. Most actually have pretty english but they are all in their own groups like the same party would be like back home. However, I still think way better then partying on Koh San.

Yeah I recommended Demo in this thread only a week or so ago. Great club, quite hiso and probably the best dance club I've been to in BKK (for those into their top notch electro and house with spatterings of trance here and there). But it's not a tourist club and it's not like the shitholes on Sukhumvit where merely being a farang is enough to get Thai girls (read: Isaan girls) to talk to you.

brendanwor fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Mar 19, 2010

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Pompous Rhombus posted:

I don't really know where to start with this.

In what sense? What I said wasn't incorrect. What I was getting at was it's not the kind of place that tourists would go to in the hopes of finding a Thai girl (ie. hooker more than likely).

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Pompous Rhombus posted:

You don't see why someone would take using "Iisaan" as a pejorative to be offensively classist?

We both know most Thai prostitutes are from Isaan - I wasn't meaning to imply that everyone from Isaan is a prostitute, however, nor that there's something inherently wrong with being from Isaan!

Lien posted:

okay, so I'm looking at going to Thailand with a friend in late April/early May. We want to do a padi open water diving course, but we're both studying in China right now, and are fairly strapped for cash. Anyone know of any good diving places that will be relatively cheap? All of the stuff I've found so far seems to run about 300CAD which is a bit much for my budget.

Yeah from what I've seen the PADI open water course usually goes for around 10,000B - that's in various places including Samui, Tao, Phuket, Krabi etc, so seems to be pretty much standard

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Ted Ed Fred posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations for hostels in or near to Khao San Road? It'll be my first time in Thailand so I don't mind spending a bit more than normal on the first few nights if it's a nicer place that I can get over my jet lag/culture shock in. One with a bar would be ideal as I'd like to meet some other travellers as I'm heading out on my own.

I fly out next Monday (April 5th) and arrive on the 6th. I'm nervous and excited in equal measures!

In most of the guest houses is it OK to drink/clean your teeth with the tap water, or should I always use bottled water?

Is anyone going to be around in Bangkok next week and want to meet up with a friendly mid 20s English guy?

Everyone here recommends Lub D hostel-wise (http://www.lubd.com), though it's near Silom rather than Khao San.

Fine to shower and brush your teeth with the tap water, but always use bottled water for drinking.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Drudkh posted:

what should i budget for a 6 month SEA tour?

???

This is not enough information. How much money do you have? Do you want to stay in hostels? Apartments? 5 star hotels? Do you want to eat street food or at Western restaurants? Do you intend on drinking cheap beer from 7-eleven or sipping cocktails on hotel rooftop bars?

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

I haven't had this occur in Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia or Vietnam (not to say it doesn't happen obviously - but I too would be pretty wary of handing over my passport - don't see why a photocopy wouldn't be sufficient).

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Yeah. And in addition to the trains from Bangkok through Malaysia to Singapore, you can quite easily get buses (with only a day or two's purchase in advance from any travel agency) from Bangkok through Cambodia to Vietnam or vice versa. Just keep in mind that this is quite a large land area you'd be covering, and when you can spend 40 or 50 bucks on a flight with AirAsia or other LCCs and cover that same area in a fraction of the time, it might be worth considering. Eg. I flew with NokAir from BKK to Phuket a few weeks ago for $40 or so, took all of an two hours, versus a train which would have been overnight to Surat Thani (and they're not very comfortable) plus a few hours on a bus. Depends on how wisely you want to use your time I guess.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Quite a few poker pros live in Thailand (I know a bunch). Underground gambling definitely does go on, especially in the hiso and elite circles, but unless you know the right people you won't be joining in, which means Poipet is your only option. No issue with accessing online poker sites but you won't be getting a good enough connection at your average Khao San hostel (ie. you'll want to be staying in a proper hotel or a serviced apartment if you want to be able to play).

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Broohaha posted:

I'm in between jobs right now so no health insurance... how dangerous for me to go to Thailand for a month without any vaccinations? For the record, when I enrolled in grad school I had to get a bunch of inoculations though I don't remember what they were.

gently caress it man, you don't really need them IMO (unless you're heading to a very unpopulated area, into the jungle etc.). You think most Thai expats get vaccinated when they head home a few times a year? This nonsense with people getting malaria tablets when they're only going to Bangkok and Phuket = over the top.

Edit - just confirming as per PR's post below that you should absolutely have travel insurance though.

brendanwor fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 13, 2010

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

kenner116 posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmz4zRfbqpY

Haha.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Haha what? "How do I travel internationally without a passport?" Really?

brendanwor fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Apr 14, 2010

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Citizens of countries bordering Thailand can usually cross with a little crappy document and their national ID card, it's probably what the Thai government's website was referring to.

If you lose your passport and there isn't time to replace it before your flight, an embassy/consulate can also issue you a temporary travel document.

Sure, but the guy's American, not from a neighbouring country. And getting issued a temporary doc is obviously different to an initial passport issue anyway. I'm a dual Thai/Australian citizen, and I certainly can't get out of or into Thailand without a passport.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

I've only been to KL, but definitely agree! Great food, awesome shopping, modern amenities, not much to not like.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Haggins posted:

How bad is Singapore on the wallet? I heard they have the best food in the world, but I can't imagine wanting to stay more than a few days

Not that bad on the wallet, no worse than any western country - except when it comes to alcohol, where the prices are actually more than in western countries thanks to their ridiculous alcohol taxes. Whether you'd want to stay there more than a few days or not depends on what you're into - I find the shopping, dining (highly recommend Iggy's) and nightlife in Singapore to be world class, and the general city atmosphere eg. around Orchard Road is fantastic (coming from a guy who lives and works in Sydney).

Ringo R posted:

A couple of grenades hit Silom about an hour ago. People started to run and I thought I could get away on the Skytrain. However, they stopped running as one grenade hit the roof.

So I had to spend a massive 200 baht on a taxi ride home :argh: But Bangkok is quite exciting these days.

3 dead :(

brendanwor fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Apr 23, 2010

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

1. I have a Verizon phone. Don't plan on using my phone that much but who knows. Better to just incur roaming charges once in a while or is there a way to get a cheap SIM card when I'm on the ground?

Buy a prepaid SIM card there from any 7-Eleven, you can get one for 50 baht. I recommend DTAC (you'll find the packaging is red and it's labelled 'Happy'), because 1-2-call sucks.

2. I will likely arrive at BKK close to midnight. Should I book a hotel room in advance or will I be able to find one if I just get a ride to the city center/backpacker area?

You'll probably be able to find one around Khao San without much issue, but do you really want to gently caress around at 1am looking for a hotel room in a new country?

3. Should I take a big wad of cash with me and exchange it in country or can I somehow get local currency while I'm there? (I bank with Bank of America.)

You can use this magical new technology called an ATM to withdraw Thai Baht, from your very own bank account no less!

4. Do I need to buy a US-to-Thai plug/socket adapter (thinking about taking my laptop with me) or does Thailand have similar sockets? Or is it easy to get one when there?

No, you need a new adapter. You can get one there pretty easily from most markets, convenience stores or malls (try MBK shopping centre) but again, it might be easier if you just get it beforehand.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Broohaha posted:

My trip is from 5/1 to 6/1. I'm gonna get there 5/1 and plan to spend 2 days in Bangkok. Then I want to go South to the beaches and plan to spend 2 weeks there (any recommendations?; i want the sweet beaches of phuket and phi phi but without the oppressive touristyness, if possible). Then I'll go back up to Northern Thailand and either do the northwest thing, including Chiang Mai or maybe I'll go east to Cambodia/Laos/Vietnam (I'm keeping an eye on something like this, for example: http://www.intrepidtravel.com/trips/KRR)

2. What is the cheapest/most reliable/comfortable method of transportation (especially for my initial Bangkok --> southern beaches trip)? From what I've read, it's overnight rail. Is that the case?

Recommendations for islands/beaches: Koh Tao, Koh Lanta, Krabi (Ao Nang, Railay), Samui are all better than Phuket/Phi Phi. Phuket is a dump, full of disgusting fat eurotourists, terrible nightlife, aggressive hawkers, and no Thai culture whatsoever. Stay far away.

As for your transport, overnight train is probably the cheapest and is relatively reliable, but it's sure as gently caress not comfortable. I've done it before and now I'd absolutely rather pay an extra $20 to get an easy flight with AirAsia or Nok Air down there.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

madcow posted:

So I am supposed to be booking a trip to Phuket soon, but reading this thread is really making me think I should be booking it to any other place except for Phuket. The trip is only for 6 days or so, is Phuket really that bad or does it still have its charms beneath the touristy crap?

In other words, if I am not really interested in getting hammered on the beach everyday, will I regret spending my money on going to Phuket and wishing I went somewhere else in Thailand instead?

The pictures look so nice. :(

Yeah look, ReindeerF pretty much covered it off. Phuket's not bad, but the tourist area (Patong), where the majority of people go, really is pretty terrible - and it's such a big island that it's a significant drive to get anywhere that's nicer. Add that to the fact that Phuket is really expensive by Thai standards, and that other locations (IMO) do everything that Phuket does but better, less touristy and cheaper, and the decision becomes clearer. Not sure how you're planning on getting down to Phuket, but you could just as easily get to Samui (equally as overdeveloped as Phuket but much better nightlife - beach parties and clubs both better than Phuket) and then a ferry from there to Tao (beaches and lifestyle far, far better than Phuket).

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Ringo R posted:

...their girlfriends (carefully selected from a bar the night before) who is half their age and size and can not stop ordering overpriced food on the beach because the silly old men is paying. Dahling, dis very aroi na, order four for you, me and my friend me.

Or worse, their 70 year old obese orange topless wives strolling along Patong Beach :barf:

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

ZeroDays posted:

Regarding the purchase of clothing in Bangkok, is it generally cheaper (than in UK), and would it be a good idea to pack little, and grab what I need when I land? What about shoes? I'll bring a pair of course, and grab sandals/whatever when I get there, but am thinking of nicer shoes. Debating over whether to get them here or just wait.

Depends on what you want I guess. Do you like wearing crappy quality fakes etc? Then you'll find heaps. There's definitely some good western-type midrange stuff around at shopping malls like Paragon, CentralWorld etc and relatively affordable but not as cheap as you might expect from being in Asia (think like, US$30 tshirts, US$80+ jeans etc). If however you like wearing Gucci, Boss, Armani etc then have fun going broke because designer clothing in BKK is loving expensive.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

freebooter posted:

So I've been in Thailand for about a week and pretty loving disappointed. We came in by train from Malaysia and went to Ko Lipe, Ko Lanta, Ko Phi Phi and now we're in Phuket (which is a wretched hive of scum and villainy).

It's beautiful and gorgeous... until you get close, and see the rubbish and filth all over the beaches, and the degradation of the coral reefs. All the marine life is dead and all the coral is bleached. Ko Phi Phi has some amazing landscapes, but there's rubbish on even the most secluded beaches and a layer of scum and filth on the water for the first 20 metres or so off-shore. This is somehow worse than a crummy beach elsewhere in the world; you can tell that it USED to be beautiful, but it was ruined long since.

90% of the Western tourists here are Europeans and North Americans who
a) don't know what a good beach looks like
b) are wasted half the time so don't care anyway.
I seriously don't get the appeal of flying halfway around the world just to get trashed and buy cheap poo poo.

Also Phuket is a loving appalling place full of sports bars with old Western men and Thai girls, or hawkers trying to sell you poo poo. We're imagining Bangkok to basically be a larger version and will be heading to Cambodia as soon as we can.

I could put up with the heat, the hawkers and the squalor if only there were some kind of redeeming features; something awesome or beautiful.

Perhaps you should try going somewhere in Thailand that isn't basically a tourist-driven hellhole? Somewhere where you can interact with some real Thai people rather than Joe Bumfuck from America or Britain or Germany or Australia? To put it simply, you're going to the wrong places. Stay away from Patong in Phuket, stay away from Khao San, Nana or Patpong in Bangkok, and go to some beautiful locations like Koh Tao, Railay, Ayutthaya and Chiang Mai, wander around the streets of Bangkok away from the white people, and interact with the Thai culture, and you'll have a vastly different time. But don't spend a week wandering along Patong Beach or visiting Phi Phi like the hundred million people before you, then assume that you've seen everything there is to see.

Edit: Oh, and I'm Australian, I know what a good beach looks like, and Thailand's got them, just not at Phuket or Phi Phi.

brendanwor fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 6, 2010

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

madcow posted:

So is anything actually open in the Bangkok airport in the middle of the night (e.g. 1 am) in terms of restaurants/stores? I have a nearly seven hour layover there, so I'll be looking for things to do assuming I can't sleep.

Yeah stuff is open that late in Suvarnabhumi. I've caught flights out of there at 1am and all the duty free stores are still open.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

ReindeerF posted:

If you make it to KL, head over to Jalan Alor, which is a nifty night market street in the area of the main hotel/guest house district at Bukit Bintang.

Definitely do this, the food on Jalan Alor is awesome.

Re. Singapore, it's very much about the city lifestyle. If you're someone who's used to living and working in a big city and everything that goes along with that (top notch shopping and dining, lunch at roadside cafes, wide variety of harbourside nightlife from pubs to bars to clubs) then you'll love it, if not then you may not.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

joemers posted:

Looking at the escalating situation in Bangkok now my girlfriend and I are pretty wearing of going to Thailand now, we are suppose to arrive June 3rd anyone have any update from there or surrounding areas?

We were thinking of flying from Bangkok to Siem Reap in Cambodia. Could anyone recommend a nice place to stay there?

My girlfriend and I stayed at The Villa Siem Reap (http://www.thevillasiemreap.com/) back in February. Really nice quite modern rooms though potentially a bit more expensive than the average tightass backpacker budget (oh noes $50 a night). It's about 5 minutes walk from the main strips eg Pub Street. Owners are Australian, really nice people. Would highly recommend having a look at the tours that the hotel runs as well - one of the few that actually donates a percentage of profits towards the local community, including in the building of things like wells and water pumps for the poorest villages.

ReindeerF posted:

Last time I was there I swear they had a bungee jump from it or something - does that ring a bell? It's right next to City Forest (?) which is also a fun way to spend an hour if you want to get some nature, but don't have time to head out into the actual beautiful Malaysian countryside.

KLCC park in front of Suria KLCC is so nice as well, really good to just chill in and read a book or whatever.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Broohaha posted:

So I got here last night. Plan is to meet friends in Krabi on the 18th but I have couple days to burn in the meantime. Christ almighty is this place boring without other people you know. I drove a moped around all day, which was fun. But I was feeling super-lonely and depressed so I tried to walk down the main drag on Patong and it was all just... dunno, artificial? too loud? too full of creepy europeans and boring family travelers where ko pha ngan was full of lively and interesting people? Definitely not nearly as welcoming and fun as Ko Pha Ngan, where you can just go to the beach, douse your head in a couple buckets and start making smalltalk with a cutey from Sweden or Ireland or the UK.

Yup, that's what we've all been saying, Phuket's not great compared to the other island destinations...

Re. taxi drivers, I wouldn't let their dodgy poo poo rub off on you as a negative impression of Malaysians overall. It's just a taxi driver thing no matter where you go; they pull the same poo poo in western countries, like here in Sydney.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Interestingly, flights don't seem to have gotten any cheaper as a result of this mess. I want to buy tickets to BKK for early-ish July and prices haven't gone down at all, surprisingly.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Also take note that when you hand over US dollars, you'll often get Riel as change, unless you request dollars.

Re. Phnom Penh, if you like good food (ie. eating out, not from a street stall) you'll love how cheap some of the upmarket restaurants there are, as compared to the west. Think $3 entrees, $7-$9 mains and $2 beers.

You'll easily meet other travellers in Siem Reap (just head to Pub Street, it's pretty much like Khao San Road), but in Phnom Penh maybe not so much.

Also, a lot of people recommend Sihanoukville (beach town) but with only a week you may not get time to head there.

brendanwor fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 23, 2010

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Yeah, AirAsia is always relatively cheap but often they have sales that really make their flights ridiculously cheap. Having flown with them quite a bit both short and long haul, I can also vouch that they're quite good especially for a low cost carrier (occasionally up to half an hour delayed but I've never experienced more than that; planes are generally very clean and new-looking, and female flight attendants wear really tight clothes). Just make sure you aren't carrying too much luggage (no more than 20kg/45lbs usually) or they'll really bend you over on additional charges.

brendanwor fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jun 2, 2010

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

You will need to prearrange your visa for Vietnam. Laos you can get on arrival. Cambodia you can get on arrival but it's a pain in the rear end and simply easier to prearrange. Malaysia will be fine to get on arrival.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

ReindeerF posted:

I disagree on Cambodia. I've been quite a number of times by air and it takes about 5 minutes. You get off the plane, get in line, hand them your documents and there's sort of a visa conveyor belt in front of your made up of Khmer people stamping and affixing things. At the end of the line you get your passport back with a visa. Laos was about the same when I went through the land border.

All that said, Cambo does have an online visa thing (they've had it for years, which is difficult to believe):

http://www.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/start.aspx

I've never used it because I can only imagine the ways it could go wrong. Still, their visa processing stuff at the airport does seem uncharacteristically state of the art for Cambodia, so who knows. If you use it, though, you'll miss the chance to stare at all the 2 inch long hairs growing out of moles on various Khmer officials' faces.

See, I've used the e-visa system, and believe it or not it's actually ridiculously easy to complete the online form, arrived in my inbox within 24 hours and encountered no issues whatsoever. Who knew third world countries could be so efficient.

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

ReindeerF posted:

Sister-me mad you for put poto on web site na kaa. You no good heart not take care neber anysing you. Always look another woman and neber gibb anysing sister-me even she good heart jing jing na kaaa.

คะะะะะะะะะะะะ god dammit dude my head is exploding :(

Any of you guys in this thread going to be around BKK mid-next month? I'll be heading over for a few days (specifically, Saturday 17th to Tuesday 20th) before flying to Hong Kong. Anyone want to grab a beer or three?

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Ringo R posted:

Sure, outside which 7-11 นะค่ะ?

7-11ที่ซอยนานานะค่ะ where else

ReindeerF posted:

I'd be up possibly, but I'll be out of town on some form of drinking and not thinking about work vacation with a friend that was going to be in Luang Prabang until I found out about their 11:30 curfew (!!!). If you guys get together the 19th or 20th, let me know, I'll be back and may be around.

19th sounds cool. Ringo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brendanwor
Sep 7, 2005

Ringo R posted:

Oh that's a monday, not sure if it's a good idea to drink then. Not that I plan to get wasted but hmm, will have to get back to you on that as the date gets closer.

Soft, but hey, I'll drink whenever, not fussed on the day, so you guys name an evening (ps not an alcoholic)

Ringo R posted:

This. Make girlfriend squeeze out a halfie, dump him/her in girlfriend's village until age 18. Pimp him/her to Thai soap operas (if white enough, no actual talent required). Sit back and watch the money roll in. If money does not roll in quickly enough, "leak" a sex video.

No offence, brendanwor! We just kidding na

Yeah if my parents had loving followed this route I'd have a couple penthouses on Silom and a Ferrari by now, god.