Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Young Swede leaves behind sheltered life and arrive in Thailand

https://www.flashback.org/t2652386

Swedish Autismo posted:

lovely start of the trip with extreme jet lag. I'm supposed to move on to Australia in four days but I just want to go back home to Sweden right now. My backpack is killing me and is barely usable. My shoulders are bruised by the straps. loving weird. I literally couldn't move a few hours ago and now I'm here at the hotel thanks to a taxi driver who took pity on me as I sat passed out on the street. I really need to throw away tons of clothes in my luggage or I can't continue my trip! I'm tempted to just give up as nothing works out as I expected, I feel awkward, don't know how anything works and make a fool out of myself on the skytrain/subway (haven't figured out how to get from A to B). Met by rude Thai staff when I can't understand what they're saying and they have to repeat themselves. Suspicious security guards everywhere. Chicks staring when I'm taking the elevator (are there whores working in the hotel?). Should I go home? I've nothing to go back to, no job or apartment. Complete failure, don't want to be here. Don't know what to do now, just sitting in my hotel room.

He replies after a while thanking people for their encouraging words and considers getting one of the working girls "but I don't have any condoms"...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Can anyone give me a summary of this review? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyRmlQLKsUA

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Barfolemew: 4000 islands, Laos.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Hang in there, we'll be back someday.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Wot 'appens aftah u find a missus in Pattoier? U end op in 'er village in Isaen m8! An' then u learn 'ow 2 use the computer and "vlog" 'bout it!

- ThaiVisa User IsaanLeigh69

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Hey dudes, coming over to Bangkok. Any hotel recommendations near BTS/MRT for under 1000 THB? I hear they built lines out to Nonthaburi and poo poo where it should be cheap.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Aeeeiiii... Rrruuurhh... Eeeuughaaaaajävla... Ffffeeeehh... Keeel mee!

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
Hey that's the second Cambodian cooking show channel I've seen on Youtube with millions of views... I wonder if there's a mansion built by Youtube money just off camera.

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
What's the trick for getting a flight ticket for visa application purposes without actually paying for the flight nowadays?

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

Pilsner posted:

Which country? I guess even first world countries still have physical travel agencies, but I've tried in the Philippines to go to a local branch of Cebu Pacific or similar, and just asking for an itinerary from A to B. It kinda proves that the flight exists, I guess, and has been enough to get some Schengen visas for my girlfriend. Recently they made it cost a tiny fee, though.

Thailand. It's for a Schengen visa too. I mean I got this itinerary PDF with the dates of travel and I can erase the BOOKING ON HOLD stuff from it. Wonder what they'll think of that :D

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

webmeister posted:

If you don’t mind the cold, Estonia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ
I'm enjoying watching this mad lad unicycling around the world. Here he is in SE Asia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiToEt9ngU4