Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
i always assumed dragonforce was an nes title as well but no dice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
One hundred grams of brown sugar contains 377 Calories (nutrition table), as opposed to 387 Calories in white sugar (link to nutrition table). However, brown sugar packs more densely than white sugar due to the smaller crystal size and may have more calories when measured by volume.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

lol

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

It would be funnier if they both had hats on, though?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Schadenboner posted:

It would be funnier if they both had hats on, though?
it would be funnier if your post button was disabled

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i'm hosting a yospos quantum foam party

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

it was cool up until the human layer

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
yeah the babby sandwiched between a fingerprint and a dinosaur is what made me laugh

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
yeah last time I checked dinosaurs weren't made of tiny babies

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

haveblue posted:

psssh shows what you know

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

haveblue posted:

when...when was the last time you checked?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
that is one hairy fingertip

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

FMguru posted:

when...when was the last time you checked?

Paleontologists get so mad at the modern Jurassic World movies for not properly representing modern discoveries about dinosaurs.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
The video became the first on YouTube to receive three billion, four billion, and five billion views on August 4, 2017; October 11, 2017; and April 5, 2018, respectively (dates are based on UTC).[225][226][227]

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Reminds me of that student who was told that the temperature on the Sun varies from 15 to 27 million, and asked if that was Celsius or Kelvin.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

darthbob88 posted:

Reminds me of that student who was told that the temperature on the Sun varies from 15 to 27 million, and asked if that was Celsius or Kelvin.

Fahrenheit: the only valid system of measurement.

:sherman:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

darthbob88 posted:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

The real Willie had in fact decomposed, and the body in the coffin was that of an older, stuffed groundhog.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

The Leck posted:

The real Willie had in fact decomposed, and the body in the coffin was that of an older, stuffed groundhog.

cadaver synod of appalachia

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

This picture of a tank shooting a bunny (in the face) represents the core concept of overkill.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
that is a very good article overall

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Rene Rodriguez of The Miami Herald wrote "The movie looks like it was lit by lava lamps, scored on Moog synthesizers, written between bong hits and acted underwater. None of this is meant as praise."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Sagebrush posted:

Rene Rodriguez of The Miami Herald wrote "The movie looks like it was lit by lava lamps, scored on Moog synthesizers, written between bong hits and acted underwater. None of this is meant as praise."

i was getting pretty psyched until that last line :eng99:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Suspicious Dish posted:

The success of the album, bolstered by an article in the gaming magazine Nintendo Power, began a huge cult following for the band, with fans attending concerts in costumes inspired by the band's storyline and participating by way of singing along with the band's music, which was further exemplified by the group's work in Act II: The Father of Death.

Sagebrush posted:

embarrassed that i know what this is

aardvaard posted:

they're a good band if you pretend you don't know it's based on a videogame

note for people who don't know: these posts are referring to a band called "the protomen". the protomen are bad. the reason they are bad is because several, and perhaps all, of the band members are sex pests. i'm not going to link to the posts (it's a lot of dead links, quoted posts, and old reblogs at this point) but short story the dudes in the band love to cheat on their girlfriends when they're out on the road, and at least two members (one who's a co-creator and still a member) creep on young 18 year old fangirls and pressure them into sex. these guys are old as hell now btw, when the allegations came out 4+ years ago people described them as "in their 30s"

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i extremely care about the sex badness of the mega man band, too

it is the one bad thing about the middle-aged mega man cover band

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i am very surprised that these men who choose to identify as both nerds and rock stars could be the sex kind of bad, which i am sure is the fly in the otherwise flawless ointment of their mega man cover band

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
cool way to trivialize pedophilic rape, user sham bam bamina!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i'm not discounting lutha mahtin's post, which is basically good and helpful, i just think the tone is funny

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Byron (Low Tax) Looper, born Byron Anthony Looper (September 15, 1964 – June 26, 2013), was a Republican politician in Tennessee. In order to advance his political career, he legally changed his middle name from "Anthony" to "(Low Tax)". After being convicted for the October 1998 murder of his election opponent, incumbent Tennessee State Senator Tommy Burks, he was given a life sentence in prison. He died in Morgan County Correctional Complex on June 26, 2013.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
i saw a true crime show about looper before it clicked

he was bad at crime and politic

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Spiders with furry bodies are known as velvet spiders and one which was recently discovered in Spain is named Loureedia, because it has a velvet body and lives underground.[122]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

not worthless :supaburn:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FMguru posted:

Spiders with furry bodies are known as velvet spiders and one which was recently discovered in Spain is named Loureedia, because it has a velvet body and lives underground.[122]

trying to figure out whether this is cool or if i'm angry about the punning

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

it's cool hth :)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

prefect posted:

trying to figure out whether this is cool or if i'm angry about the punning
scientific names are full of goofy crap like that

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Sham bam bamina! posted:

scientific names are full of goofy crap like that

Turns out scientists are nerds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Eventually Trump decided to quit his job and began streaming full-time, making a living from Twitch's partnership program by earning revenue from advertisements and subscriptions.[2]