Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

p.s. i think that is the first "lol oldslang" comment ive made that involved a year of the new millenium :pwn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Lamont Cranston posted:

ahahah "Half & Half"

"well i'm eating a bacon double cheeseburger with a giant box of fries, but if i mix in half diet coke I've got nothing to worry about!"

i actually liked the "C2" coke that was around for a while that had half the amount of sugar/hfcs of regular coke. i probably only tried it because trying every variety of soda is the only way to not go insane from boredom when you are a teenager working in a gas station

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

it was half hfcs and half sucralose/artificial sweeteners, so you were deffo getting a good cross-section of "poo poo you dont really need to be ingesting". i liked it because it tasted less sweet and more spicy

also

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Japanese Bug Fights posted:

do paranoid schizophrenics ever turn violent against the people they perceive to be orchestrating the conspiracy?

first hit on google 'schizophrenic murderers'

http://www.schizophrenia.com/family/viol.htm

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i worked in a job where i had some clients with schizophrenia. one guy moved into a new place and didnt have anything to do right away, so hed sit on the front porch all day. then i talked to him:

:tinfoil: the cops are on to me man, they drive by the house all the time!
:shobon: are you maybe just noticing them more often because you sit on the porch for 6 hours a day?
:tinfoil: well, when you put it that way

in my experience its similar to how i've seen other mental illnesses manifest themselves in people, i.e. it can be a nightmare at times but it isn't always. and some people can have wicked senses of humor about it

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

ymgve posted:

just require all pictures to be properly sourced, and the problem will go away on its own

"sorry, but until we've got third party confirmation that this picture is, in fact, a woman urinating, it'll have to stay off wikipedia"

its kind of interesting that photographers get a free ride from having [[citation needed]] put on anything. uploading pics of obscure things and tagging them as something slightly different sounds like a good way to vandal

also didnt jimmy institute a "seriously quit with the exhibitionism" policy?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

K&R FactoryFactory

also i like repraps :saddowns:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Coffee Quack posted:

i like the idea but you have to admit that at present the nozzle may as well be a gluegun

ahahha that's exactly what it is :xd:

I always watched the reprap videos thinking "you know, the output reminds me of something" and yeah

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 28, 2011

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_featuring_anthropomorphic_characters

:stare:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twig_the_Fairy

category: minnesota culture :stare:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

CoupleBeersNoBeers posted:

on the other hand, "fiber arts"

textiles, bro

also i might as well link the minnesota culture category itself, because lol

i didnt realize "local" categories like this were such good gateways to wikicruft

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diet_(nutrition)#Diet_table

Another problem with the diet table is that it presents vegetarians and vegans as having very little food to eat. This is misleading, since the majority of the table consists of highly specific forms of animal flesh, but excludes grains, legumes, nuts and seeds, and fruit. Although the table does not explicitly oppose vegetarianism/veganism, it implies that they are severely lacking, and is therefore non-neutral. In addition, hunter-gatherer diets are lacking in grains and legumes, a fact that should be pointed out.

:goonsay:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

JawnV6 posted:

they do that because the table's showing the differences in various religious diets and there are actually 'yes/no' values for them, something that wouldn't be true if those other categories were added

i was directly quoting the guy from that talk page. what you wrote here is why i think its funny!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Detroit Q. Spider posted:

why is this a thing

why

marx begat nietzsche who begat weber who begat a bunch fo other people and now we're full up of academics who use critical theory to explain everything

im an expert dont question me

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

a lot of adults probably do fail to treat kids "respectfully" but otoh i don't think i'm forever scarred because my parents failed to realize i couldve probably taken a college course on argumentation when i was 12

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Dachshundincoat.jpg

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_light/Green_light

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

one of the more eye-rolling things about wikipedians is their need to approach B1FF levels of obnoxiousness in their talk page sigs

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

"hmm i really like that site bumwine let's see if we can make a wikipeida article out of it" --somebody who doesn't get the joke

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i actually learned group theory from wikipedia :v:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

also

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i voted on "very important" on like every feature of that image hider thing just to spite the exhibitionist-spergs

also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callback_(computer_programming)#Example

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

those are some really rad pictures otherwise :shobon:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

got dat wmd posted:

that shii guy did nominate the ageism article for deletion so that's a +1

and then the author of the ageism article said it was a personal attack

i think shii might be trolling

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

I had a client diagnosed with borderline MR & OCD and his food logic was incredible. it was impossible to map out the foods he might potentially punch you in the face about without taking laborious notes over many months

I decided against doing that & just let him punch me in the face that one time when I bought whole grain pasta

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

I don't think I've ever had brusselses

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsimulated_sex_in_film

:stare:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

golgo13sf posted:

Smoked salmon is loving awesome in just about every way it can be eaten.

my great uncle used to bring homemade smoked salmon that he caught himself out here to us inlanders and everyone in my family would only eat like toothpick sized pieces to make it last longer

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

teh casio watches thing is actually pretty great

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

have you really never heard the clinton 'first black president' thing? people told that joke nonstop for like, over half of 2008

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

haveblue posted:

gently caress that, got hassled by the TSA because of this

"hmm, well mr. haveblue, we see you are a prolific contributor to wikipedia. bend over please..."

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Cuddly Coach posted:

Dpoesnt sound so good does it

heh lookit this regex fundie, takin all dem strings literally

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Hammerite posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickup_artist

What do I do for a living? Well, let's just say I'm in the business of marketing, myself. In fact, I'm working on a big account right now. My usual approaches are similar to, yet more complex than the stereotypical pick-up line. You might already be familiar with some of my work. :smug:

*points to dilz*

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

echinopsis posted:

"yo dawg" yeah right isnt it insulting to be called an animal especially one as disgusting as a dog

better than being called a cat :can:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i wanna start a wikipedia & require that contributors only make stuff like the "up high, down low, too slow" photos, or the article on b-movies

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

not gonna lie i'd add a comment in every japan article saying "this is bigger than anime in japan" just to tweak wikinerds

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Barack Pwnbama posted:

that whole list is completely worthless, it doesn't have that dog from resident evil 4

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

i wonder if the atf have figured out how to scrape exif data yet

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

got dat wmd posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Fire_hydrant#Hydrants_and_dogs

Too bad there's nothing about "hydrants in popular culture". The fire hydrant is often associated with dogs, presented as a canine version of a toilet bowl, a place where dogs mark their territory. It appears on many pet products for that reason. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 142.167.51.29 (talk) 20:50, 15 March 2009 (UTC)

somehow it doesnt surprise me there's a shy fire hydrant fetishist on the internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

One of the more memorable scenes in the film My Cousin Vinny[11] involves Vincent Gambini (Joe Pesci) questioning prosecution witness Sam Tipton (Maury Chaykin) on the stand. Tipton testifies that as he had begun to prepare breakfast (grits), he saw the defendants walk into a nearby convenience store, and as he was sitting down to eat, he saw them walk back out. He testifies that his breakfast took him five minutes to prepare, and thus there was not enough time for the defendants to have driven away and for two other men in a similar car to arrive at the store. Gambini first asks "How do you like your grits - regular, creamy, or al dente?". After getting a response of "regular, I guess", Gambini then asks whether Tipton cooks instant grits or regular grits, to which Tipton replies that "no self-respecting Southerner uses instant grits". Gambini then furiously but humorously traps Tipton in a contradiction by pointing out that the recipe for regular grits requires 20 minutes of preparation time, not five minutes.[12]

--grits in popular culture