Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the first basilisk is believed to have been created by a Greek Dark wizard and Parselmouth named Herpo the Foul.[HPF] Herpo made this discovery by hatching a chicken egg under a toad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Honestly pretty surprised that Disney didn't get their senators to cram through a last minute copyright extension law. Maybe they realized that that don't make any money on steamboat willie

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you know how in the usa we have paper sizes with names, like letter, legal, tabloid, etc?

well here are the paper sizes that france had before they switched to ISO A and B sizes in 1967:

code:

Cloche			30 × 40	
Pot, écolier		31 × 40	
Tellière		34 × 44	
Couronne écriture	36 × 46	
Couronne édition	37 × 47	
Roberto			39 × 50		
Écu			40 × 52	
Coquille		44 × 56	
Carré			45 × 56	
Cavalier		46 × 62	
Demi-raisin		32,5 × 50		
Raisin			50 × 65		
Double raisin		65 × 100	
Jésus			56 × 76	
Soleil			60 × 80	
Colombier affiche	60 × 80	
Colombier commercial	63 × 90	
Petit Aigle		70 × 94	
Grand Aigle		75 × 105	
Grand Monde		90 × 126	
Univers			100 × 130	
tag urself i'm Double Raisin

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

svp soumets tes devoirs sur un Roberto réduit de moitié

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Texas schools don't be racist for one goddamn day challenge (impossible)

quote:

In 2003, a high school marching band from Paris, Texas, played the "Horst-Wessel-Lied" while waving a Nazi flag at a football match at Hillcrest High School in Dallas. The performance coincided with the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah. The performance, which was meant to symbolize the history of World War II and also included musical selections and flags from Japan, France, the United Kingdom, and the United States, was greeted with boos from the audience which threw objects at the band. The school superintendent apologized to the Dallas school district and removed the flag from future performances of the composition.[56]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Many fashion observers concluded that Pat Nixon did not greatly advance the cause of American fashion.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

discussions included whether the scene was "contrived and forced",[53] whether the Master Chief had committed a war crime by having sex with a prisoner of war who was unable to properly provide her consent, and whether this was considered as atypical behavior of the Master Chief

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Galapagos brown pelican (Pelecanus occidentalis urinator),

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

A computer simulation reported in the scientific journal Weed Research showed that

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

why are they putting hormones in it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

why?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Does a dictionary count as a Wikipedia?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the best religions are the polytheistic ones where there's no prohibition on worshipping other gods.

like yeah, jesus isn't as powerful as shiva, but he seems like a good dude. sure, stick him in the shrine too. couldn't hurt

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Judge. My name?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

haveblue posted:

A beached whale carcass should not be consumed.

try to stop me!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cats naturally attack and kill rodents[3]

CITATION

[3] Bruzelius, Lars (2005). "Sailing Ships". Stevens: 'Vermin', 1894. The Maritime History Virtual Archives. Retrieved 20 April 2010.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Kang and Kodos have appeared in every "Treehouse of Horror" episode to date, and have played major roles in "Treehouse of Horror I",[2] "Treehouse of Horror II",[4] "Treehouse of Horror VII", "Treehouse of Horror IX", "Treehouse of Horror XVII",[7] "Treehouse of Horror XVIII".[6] " Treehouse of Horror XXII, and "Treehouse of Horror XXX". The rest of their appearances were cameos, although both appeared in the opening segment of "Treehouse of Horror X",[8] "Treehouse of Horror XIV",[9] "Treehouse of Horror XV"[10] and "Treehouse of Horror XVI".[11]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Kazinsal posted:

20 centimetres (8 in) long and 5 centimetres (2 in) wide.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The opposite of negging is pozzing, whereby one pays a person a compliment in order to gain their affection.[6] However, pozzing can also refer to the intentional transmission of HIV.[9]

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

when fired toward the enemy, the flaming rats created great psychological ramifications

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

You know I am actually able to read the page myself

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Long loooong maaaaan

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

goblin week posted:

The swastika is controversial in some parts of the world due to usage by the Third Reich.[2]

It's too bad, cause it's a pretty simple and elegant geometric symbol and you just can't use it (at least in Western culture) anymore. This shape is simply not allowed. How weird

But that's how it is. I just had this discussion with a student who designed a project that included two identical "lightning bolts" in its form. That's another one you just can't do

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Branch Nvidian posted:

ah, yes, the bathDOOM

this was my favorite version

(also my favorite dumb thing about the bathroom is that the wallpaper is upside down. it's subtle, but if you know you know)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm going to invent a gun that fire 26 rifle barrels at the same time.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranus_Orbiter_and_Probe

not until the third date, nasa

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Dan O'Conor, son of the inventor, continued as president of Formica Corp. after the acquisition, and was widely regarded as the next chairman of American Cyanamid. However, he was thrown from his horse during a steeplechase event, suffering a broken neck and becoming quadriplegic, ending his business career and, many executives felt, preventing Cyanamid from achieving the growth and profitability it might have.[original research?]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the silhouette is supposed to be an apatosaurus, but the artist was confused and drew a brontosaurus.