Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Demonym(s) Tacoman (plural: Tacomans)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Clark Nova posted:

I wonder if soulbust still has the bath water

nah probably vaped it all in one go

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

A 106-year-old fruitcake discovered in 2017 by the Antarctic Heritage Trust was described as in "excellent condition" and "almost" edible.[14]

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Tag urself, I'm FAT

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

"The trope of using HF to dissolve human bodies is common, but unrealistic. While possible (given enough heat and time), large organic masses are better dissolved with piranha solution.[citation needed]"

Thank you Wikipedia for informing me on the correct way to dissolve bodies

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Sauzer posted:

e: I thought this was maybe the result of some bizarre edit war, but it was actually the work of one editor over the course of a few days

It[15] was[15] the[15] best[15] of[23] times[15], it[15] was[67] the[15] worst[citation needed] of[15] times[15].

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

carry on then posted:

not worthless: neil breen's photo. this is the header image for the article on him

me thinkin about a big ol boob

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

^_`

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

He wrote to the newly successful washing-machine entrepreneur John Bloom inviting him to "do for us what Brian Epstein has done for the Beatles—and make another million."

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

someone was just showing off their formatting skills

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Relevant

https://twitter.com/snep__ebooks/status/1504319115456139264

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

He has labelled Trump a "charlatan" and wished death upon him.[139][140]

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Lutha Mahtin posted:

find your pastries here. this list only has room for one name, one picture, and one origin, for each pastry. oh ok i suppose we can also have a column for notes, where we might shove in several paragraphs of wiki-cruft here and there on some of the entries. it's not a proper big list on wikipedia unless the table looks like rear end

my favorite so far (haven't read all of it yet) is the entry for the fig roll. it says the origin is "Egypt (Ancient)", and this is juxtaposed with a photo of what are clearly just two Fig Newtons

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pastries

Found a rather evocative pastry on this page

Muskazine

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

The next line is less so

"Although no one else was killed, many of the witnesses, including some children, suffered emotional trauma and required years of treatment as a result of the event."

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Tweezer Reprise posted:

is it only :black101: if there are no consequences or what

Being metal has consequences

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

In 2017, the city council consists of Thomas McGhee (2014–2017), Kevin McCarthy (2014–2017), Santa Claus (2015–2018), David Skipps (2016–2018), and Doug Isaacson (2016–2019).

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Their anarcho-communist political leanings led them to have an irreverent attitude toward authority, and to espouse a variety of political and social causes including animal rights and pacifism (early in their career) and later regarding class struggle, Marxism, feminism, gay liberation, pop culture, and anti-fascism.

Chumbawamba

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Malloc Voidstar posted:

The family included George Washington Hitler and his son, Dr. Gay Hitler, who worked as a local dentist between 1922 and 1946.

So long, Gay Hitler

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Pow!

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

...died when he autodefenestrated from the 24th floor of his office building in Toronto.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Reportedly, President Richard Nixon was drunk when he gave the order for a nuclear attack against the DPRK.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Powered Descent posted:

I know, talk pages are kind of cheating, but:

Well, they are a contender for the most worthless thing on wikipedia

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

rotor posted:

huh, once last year and then like 7 years ago

threads last too long imo

Yours is also the 6th post ever in this thread

edit: using the word "teh" even, for shame

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

shaming you across time

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Sagebrush posted:

The best way to avoid getting tapeworms is to not eat undercooked pork or vegetables contaminated with faeces. 

what the hell am i supposed to do with all this broccoli that was up my rear end?

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

SS troops advancing on bicycles in 1944

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Albert Christoph Dies (1755 – 28 December 1822) was a German painter, engraver, and biographer most noted for his biography of Joseph Haydn, although it is now considered sentimental and not entirely accurate. As an artist, he is also not very well-regarded.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Jacopo de' Pazzi, head of the family, escaped from Florence but was caught and brought back. He was tortured, then hanged from the Palazzo della Signoria next to the decomposing corpse of Salviati. He was buried at Santa Croce, but the body was dug up and thrown into a ditch. It was then dragged through the streets and propped up at the door of Palazzo Pazzi, where the rotting head was mockingly used as a door-knocker. From there it was thrown into the Arno; children fished it out and hung it from a willow tree, flogged it, and then threw it back into the river.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

it's unclear if it was a commercial success because of Square Enix and People Can Fly releasing different statements on the game's commercial performance.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Listen to me very closely, you idiot.

YOU DO NOT THINK IN SUFFICIENT DETAIL ABOUT SUPERINTELLIGENCES CONSIDERING WHETHER OR NOT TO BLACKMAIL YOU. THAT IS THE ONLY POSSIBLE THING WHICH GIVES THEM A MOTIVE TO FOLLOW THROUGH ON THE BLACKMAIL.

You have to be really clever to come up with a genuinely dangerous thought. I am disheartened that people can be clever enough to do that and not clever enough to do the obvious thing and KEEP THEIR IDIOT MOUTHS SHUT about it, because it is much more important to sound intelligent when talking to your friends.

This post was STUPID.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

what have i done

basilisk deez nuts

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

"In 1880s Kansas, aging outlaw Harland Rust comes out of hiding to rescue his thirteen-year-old grandson Lucas, who has been sentenced to hang for murder after an accidental shooting."

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

fool of sound posted:

The book has been called "the most controversial novel ever written in Canada"

The main character does not apologize even once throughout the whole story

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Today, a business-to-business (B2B) white paper is closer to a marketing presentation, a form of content meant to persuade customers and partners and promote a certain product or viewpoint. That makes B2B white papers a type of grey literature.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

https://twitter.com/tara_chara/status/1624571183302582273

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

My favorite part in Xeno is when Xeno says "It's Xenotime" and Xenos all over everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Squidward Tentacles, a fictional Giant Pacific octopus.