Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Andrew Bonar Law (16 September 1858 – 30 October 1923), commonly called Bonar Law (/ˈbɒnər ˈlɔː/),[1] was a British Conservative politician who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1922 to 1923.

unnaceptable lack of referencing to obsolete gay slang Polari and through it to the Julian and Sandy episode "Bona Law" smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

drat robert ludlum wrote a lot of books

also I'm the obstructed chad

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

this is some apple cabin foods poo poo right here "playing with birds, ever popular! "

u want 2 ask, ask!

Edit: pretty sure I'm "the many uses of a barrel"

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

goblin week posted:

Meloxicam has been investigated as an alternative to diclofenac by the RSPB to prevent deaths of vultures.[citation needed]

not worthless, the "India poisoned its vultures with diclofenac and then had a massive problem with carrion and wild dogs that caused a public health crisis" story is interesting and hosed up

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

goblin week posted:

interesting! due to the lack of any citation i assumed it was more in the vein of „please start using different painkillers on your pets because when they inevitably escape and their corpses are picked clean the vultures suffer”

i think it was in cattle maybe but I'm too lazy to look it up

but yeah turns out carrion eaters have a vital role to play in an ecosystem and as usual, humans will gently caress it up and then go "why does this keep happening to me???"

also farmers cannot be trusted to not wildly overuse any and all chemicals (more == better) and gently caress up the environment and themselves. there was some super hosed up story of farmers in India putting benzene on apples to make them look shinier and fresher.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

what if someone gets down on all fours on the other side of the cow to trip it?

scientists ignoring the practical knowledge of the working man :rolleyes:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

if that's one of those waving frogs then they're 100% correct

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Malloc Voidstar posted:

wikipassiveaggressive: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Bernays

Bernays's vision was of a utopian society in which individuals' dangerous libidinal energies, the psychic and emotional energy associated with instinctual biological drive that Bernays viewed as inherently dangerous given his observation of societies like the Germans under Hitler, could be harnessed and channeled by a corporate elite for economic benefit. Through the use of mass production, big business could fulfill constant craving of the inherently irrational and desire-driven masses,[clarification needed What mass irrationality?][citation needed] simultaneously securing the niche of a mass production economy (even in peacetime), as well as sating the dangerous animal urges[clarification needed What dangerous urges?] that threatened to tear society apart[citation needed] if left unquelled.[citation needed]

too irrational to work, too horny to try

E: lmao how did I quote a post from 2013? How did I get here? What year is this?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Clark Nova posted:

Ballsack Art is a field of art that involves the creation of works that use or refer to the structural and conceptual properties of

your posts?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Doom Mathematic posted:

Prior to 2007, no one had ever seen an echidna ejaculate.

but echi's got kids?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Carthag Tuek posted:

Admiral Halsey interpreted the [cryptographic] padding phrase "the world wonders" as a sarcastic reprimand, causing him to have an emotional outburst and then lock himself in his bridge and sulk for an hour before moving his forces to assist at the Battle off Samar.

lmao

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Jabberlock posted:

I hope the dog is okay

it's ok it was one of those bomb dogs

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Moby_Dick posted:

Coast Guardsman Clifford Johnson went back inside the building no fewer than four times in search of his date who, unbeknownst to him, had safely escaped. Johnson suffered extensive third-degree burns over 55% of his body but survived the disaster, becoming the most severely burned person to survive his injuries to date. After 21 months in a hospital and several hundred operations, he married his nurse and returned to his home state of Missouri. Fourteen years later he burned to death in a fiery automobile crash.[14]

Guardsman CJ: awwww poo poo here we go again

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

god I remember ppppowerbook

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

mo' money mo' problems :hmmyes:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

AnoHito posted:

pop tarts are sweetened, mass-produced bits of garbage that we give to kids to get them to shut up for a bit. i would be shocked if this concept didn't exist in basically every country to some extent.

they tried to release pop tarts in the UK in the 90s but idk if we have more powerful toasters or our population are idiots or what but people were accidentally getting them incredibly hot inside and getting burns, so that and a minor junk food panic saw them vanish

I guess you can probably get them now though idk

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Midjack posted:

According to Billboard, the song is about sex.

hosed up if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Pakled posted:

Critics also objected to the portrayal of Jesus, one complaining that it was "painful" to see "the youthful Saviour" depicted as "a red-headed Jew boy".[4]

hahahahaha