Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McBarge

quote:

The McBarge, officially named the Friendship 500, was a McDonald's restaurant, built on a barge for Expo '86 in Vancouver, British Columbia.[1] Moored on Expo grounds in Vancouver's False Creek, it was the second floating McDonald's location in the world, intended to showcase future technology and architecture.[1][2] Although the floating design allowed for the barge to operate in a new location following the exhibition, the derelict McBarge has since 1991 been anchored empty in Burrard Inlet,[3] amid industrial barges and an oil refinery.[1]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

i was very disappointed to find out that "geordie shore" was not a star trek spinoff

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
seeing this thread reminded me that i made an obviously wrong edit months ago that still hasnt been reverted

on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austin_Powers:_The_Spy_Who_Shagged_Me:

quote:

There were also two variations of the posters; one of them asterisked out the middle of the offending word, which had the inadvertent effect of making some believe the title was even "dirtier", as "Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shitted Me".

lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Boxturret posted:

it's gone

there's definitely someone reading this thread and fixing all the funny stuff that gets posted :mad:

bastards

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

theflyingorc posted:

the user who got rid of the edit was "dragonfly67"

how do you see all the edits a person has made before? i bet you can trace many of them to this thread

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/DragonflySixtyseven

oh god theres so many

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lmao @ this revert

quote:

*'''Blellow''' is the name given to the color created by Reese of ''[[Malcolm in the Middle]]'' when he mixed blue and yellow together. Otherwise known as green.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_fictional_colors&diff=prev&oldid=632086740

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Lutha Mahtin posted:

aww yeah gonna read up some tasty vegetables, and oh what's this?

Contraindications

Goiter

Cruciferous vegetables can potentially be goitrogenic (inducing goiter formation). They contain enzymes that interfere with the formation of thyroid hormone in people with iodine deficiency.[19] [20] Cooking for 30 minutes significantly reduces the amount of goitrogens and nitriles. At high intake of crucifers, the goitrogens inhibit the incorporation of iodine into thyroid hormone and also the transfer of iodine into milk by the mammary gland.[21]

goiter

im crucifer

to clarify thats the lucifer made out of croutons not someone who carries a crucifix

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
cactus man fellatio

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

lol i bet that guy takes the money and runs

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

echinopsis posted:

homeopathic medicines aren't just tap water passed off as homeopathic medicines though, they're usually made as they should be

the end result is still a joke but generally it's not a "scam", as in, the people selling it and making it believe in it, and spend money making it properly

lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

i get all my information from the homestar runner wiki

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

axolotl farmer posted:

re: the food babe thing

I actually got sprayed with pesticides on an airplane. before takeoff from Buenos Aires on a domestic flight in Argentina.

one of the flight attendands walked up and down the aisle with a smoking bug bomb thing in each hand fogging the entire cabin.

your brightly colored striped "parachute pants" probably confused them

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Soricidus posted:

those sure are a lot of funny worthless things that have nothing to do with wikipedia!

here's a worthless thing on wikipedia:

Boxturret posted:

a derail! in yospos!! :eek:!!! :wth:!!!!

according to my mathematical analysis of the 1974 vancouver canada phone book,

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Soricidus posted:

I've lived in britain nearly all my life and this is not a thing I have ever seen :shrug:

might as well dismiss all american cuisine because http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fried_Coke exists

of course its from texas

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

daft punk railroad posted:

someone replace ROTT with System Shock, tia

ROTT owns you shut your drat mouth

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Soricidus posted:

On 20 September 2013, the United States Department of Justice filed a response brief[45] in the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in United States v. Auernheimer, an appeal in a criminal case from the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, which involved the access of AT&T customers' email addresses by Goatse Security.[46] The brief explains on page three that "The firm’s name is a reference to a notoriously obscene internet shock site" and includes a footnote which reads "For a more graphic description, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goatse." The fact that a brief filed in a U.S. federal appellate court linked to a page about Goatse, even if only a Wikipedia article, caused a stir on social media.[47][48]

lol this actually owns

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

thanks jimbo i hate it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
yeah i just signed in for the first time in literally years to do that. it shouldn't be necessary though, i wish there were an option to do it without logging in (although using keychain makes it something of a non-issue). keep the custom css feature for accounts i guess, but a cookie with a stylesheet preference shouldn't be that hard

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
it wasn't that bad before. i liked reading it in portrait mode on my ipad

but moving the table of contents to where it is now means that it's exactly in the same area where i'd scroll with my left thumb. i don't really care if the other stuff is hidden away in a menu — fine, i'd bet most people don't use that anyway. since the new layout leaves a ton of whitespace though, the organization is real stupid

i m o of course

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

matti posted:

"Hello, ima Mario. Okey dokey, letsa make a pizza pie together, you go get somea spaghetti, you go geta some sausage, I getta some sauce, you gonna put some spaghetti on the sausage and the sausage on the pizza, then I'm gonna chasea you with the pizza, then you gonna chasea me with the pizza, and gonaa makea lasagne."[51]

mamma mia

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

ultrafilter posted:

List of unusual items consumed
At least:[3][8][12]

45 door hinges
18 bicycles
15 shopping carts
7 TV sets
6 chandeliers
2 beds
1 pair of skis
1 computer
1 Cessna 150 light aircraft
1 waterbed (full of water)
500 metres (1,600 ft) of steel chain at once
1 coffin (with handles)
1 Guinness award plaque

how the gently caress do you eat an entire cessna

e: and yeah i looked up the guy, it doesn't really elaborate

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Midjack posted:

no, it was the same guy. it took him like three years to eat the whole plane. he apparently drank a lot of mineral oil while eating metal and glass and that helped everything slide through. i'm assuming he disassembled it to pieces and cut larger parts up. i don't really want to know but i'm a little curious about what his bowel movements were like, there's no way he was using regular rear end toilets to eliminate that. did he just have a seat over a bucket, or a portajohn that he just emptied out at a metal scrap yard once a week?

lol seriously

and a 500 meter long steel chain in one sitting? how does that even work? like regardless of link size that's insanely heavy

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

i assume once you've got the first length completely through it becomes a lot easier since you can just start pulling on it

i mean i guess so, it just seems implausible that the guy ate like 10 lbs of metal (or however much it weighed)

that would probably destroy a toilet

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
how does one become a chimichanga researcher

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
"asbestos gooch" sounds like its from a willy wonka parody

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

severely disappointing link tbh

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

FMguru posted:

Piña coladas are referenced in the 2023 Eurovision entry Cha Cha Cha by Finnish rapper Käärijä, in which he describes drinking piña coladas after an exhausting week before letting himself go on the dancefloor.[21][22]

finally a song about making GBS threads yourself after drinking too much

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lmao that marathon article is great

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Midjack posted:

this guy absolutely won at life.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Captain Hygiene posted:

Batman sought land grants in the Western Port area, but the New South Wales colonial authorities rejected this. So, in 1835, as a leading member of the Port Phillip Association he sailed for the mainland in the schooner Rebecca and explored much of Port Phillip.

When he found the current site of central Melbourne, he noted in his diary of 8 June 1835, "This will be the place for a village."[1][4][22] and declared the land "Batmania".[23][24]

Batman participated in the many killings of Tasmanian Aboriginal people while in Tasmania. Many such killings are well documented in the Tasmanian State archives and Victorian State library records.[6]

Batman participated in the capture of some Aboriginal people in 1829. …

Between 1828 and 1830 Aboriginal people in this region were shot or rounded up by bounty hunters like Batman.[9] As Tasmanian Colonial Governor, George Arthur, observed, Batman "...had much slaughter to account for".

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
On Titanic's maiden voyage in April 1912,[3] First Officer Petersen (Hans Nielsen), the sole German crew member on board, begs the arrogant Bruce Ismay to slow the ship while sailing through ice-infested North Atlantic waters, but Ismay refuses and pressures the weak-willed Captain Smith (Otto Wernicke) to keep up the vessel's record-breaking speed. Because of Ismay's recklessness, Titanic hits an iceberg and begins to sink. The passengers in First Class act like cowards, while Petersen, his Russian aristocrat ex-lover Sigrid Olinsky (Sybille Schmitz), and several German passengers in steerage behave bravely and with dignity.

As the water ravages through the ship, Petersen finds a young girl, left to die in her cabin by her uncaring capitalist parents.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

:thunk:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Captain Hygiene posted:

Only worthless because you didn't mention where it is, so I can make sure to never go there

lol i left it out because i think finding out what the hell someone is talking about in pastes itt is half the fun, but yeah i guess it's kinda hard with climate data

it's nauru. seems pretty nice albeit rainy

e: wow spoilered link text isnt black? that's stupid

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Mescal posted:

I smell like ChatGPT and I disagree. The kinds of people who've written paragraphs on String theory and chemistry from memory are easy to mistake stylistically for GPT. But these wikipedia entries on this kind of STEM topic are written by amateurs giving a combination of oddly stale and sometimes groundbreaking stuff. The genre of writing is utterly familiar to me, and the larger number of examples are older than GPT's popularity.

yeah it doesn't really read like gpt. unsurprisingly it reads more like an inconsistently edited combination of pseudoacademic authors

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Carthag Tuek posted:

no worries, chatgpt is gonna get there soon enough

i mean it kind of already has, the problem is more with word choice i guess. like even though inherently gpt is using the most probable word, it also generally seems to be targeting a certain level of reading comprehension if you don't specify any kind of particular style

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
counterpoint: infinity plus one times a million

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Captain Hygiene posted:

Yo mama so worthless her Wikipedia page meets the criteria for speedy deletion

[who? - discuss]

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005