Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

yea keeping your head up is awkward when you dont have a long neck that bends that way by itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Tunicate posted:

of course babies have a swimming reflex

yea they have the reflex but they cant really swim or float very well

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

prefect posted:

ever see those videos of ladies giving birth in pools? people do it. or they did it. i don't know if it's still a thing

it is still. and probably its good for some, but mostly for posture reasons according to my mom. a bed is a pretty bad angle to shoot out a baby, you could stand up & let gravity do most of the work, and someone to catch the baby. that way theres less poop water everywhere (although some poop is good for the baby)

but yea newborns know not to breathe underwater for a couple weeks/months but the reflex goes away unless its maintained.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

George posted:

One problem is how much work parents have to put into getting babies to drink things. Then you get them in the pool and tell them to blow it away. Like make up your mind!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnwJPViexgg&t=54s

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Captain Hygiene posted:

More than I wanted to know about the diet of worms

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Scarodactyl posted:

Samuel Pepys referred to the dance in his diary as "The Jig of the Ship" and Captain Cook, who took a piper on at least one voyage, is noted to have ordered his men to dance the hornpipe in order to keep them in good health.[5] The dance on-ship became less common when fiddlers ceased to be included in ships' crew members.

ive been meaning to read pepys diaries at some point, they seem to have been super candid

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

NoneMoreNegative posted:

fingerblasting

lmbo exactly

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Mescal posted:

I'd love it if I asked for a book and they asked me how I'd like it bound

books were printed in folio, so youd have 8 or 16 pages on both sides of a big sheet of paper that would be folded, sewn, and bound & the page order would make sense. but if you were cheap you could buy a folded uncut folio direct

also a lot of stuff was often published in installments, so might even subscribe and then either burn them or have them bound when they were finished

you could still get new uncut books in denmark in the 70s/80s but i think the only really modern example i can think of is don knuths fascicles

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

there were still some uncut books in my parents shelves when i began reading in earnest. i remember it was kind of awe-inspiring to cut every 2nd pages apart as i was reading. feels like untread ground, even though the book in abstract has been read by thousands before me, this copy has not been read by anyone, i am the first to physically read it. very 12 year old brained

also it was kinda badass to have a use for a letter knife

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

goblin week posted:

foreskin books

this isnt the silent hill wiki thread, its just the regular wikipedia thread

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Company spokeswoman Lauren Garner claimed public reaction was not the reason for the company's switch from detailed to summary billing, saying, "This was something we planned all along."

yeah right lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Captain Hygiene posted:

Children who had looked forward to the event were reduced to tears, especially when Santa was caught smoking.

lmao literally came to post that sentence

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

haveblue posted:

Bad Santa ruled

it was actually irl

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lapland_New_Forest

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

prefect posted:

The tune somewhat resembles that of "Deep Sleep", "Time Out for Fun" and "Big Mess" from Devo's Oh, No! It's Devo album. Al's line "Yes!" in a slightly altered voice is reminiscent of the "Yes!" from "Explosions" on the same album. A descending synth line heard before some verses is similar to one used in "Deep Sleep." The recurring synth line heard throughout the song is very similar to the opening synth line from "Time Out for Fun". A descending three-note synth line heard throughout the chorus is very reminiscent of one used heavily in "Whip It".

lol this is great. what does it sound like? yes, ive heard all other devo songs but this one, just desrcibe how it sounds compared to those

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Antivehicular posted:

Apparently it's actually a description of "Dare to Be Stupid," Weird Al's Devo style parody, so the direct Devo refs are kind of interesting? It's got a bad case of that Wikipedia style where even interesting facts become deadly dull, though.

ah ok that makes more sense but yeah its very wiki style

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Limp Bizkit also recorded their own version for the film,[33] though Powerman 5000's cover was used instead, in both the film and on the soundtrack.

hahaha owned

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Captain Hygiene posted:

He asserted that the Danes, thanks to their habit of combing their hair every day, of bathing every Saturday and regularly changing their clothes, were able to undermine the virtue of married women and even seduce the daughters of nobles to be their mistresses.[12][13][14][15]

hell yeah :cool::hf::denmark:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

better make sure youre on the same page there lol

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The COVID-19 pandemic is notably absent from the song;[1][7] Wentz cites the event's ubiquity and the need for rhyme space for Bush v. Gore in explaining why it was not included.[6]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Captain Hygiene posted:

Goonspeed, wiki editor :patriot:

so i edited the page and i left i like that

and i said mods and editors you cant reverse my post because i meant what i edited and i left it like that

and i got an email about it and and i said this is my wikipedia edit and i left it that

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

MononcQc posted:

that's it, that's the whole section.

well its got a source

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

biggest burger ive had was like 6-700 grams of patty plus bacon and cheese. woman i was dating at the time kept rolling her eyes and sighing, then called me an idiot when i was moaning on the floor lol

it was actually pretty good though, and i didnt want to waste food or put a half-eaten burger in the fridge

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

External links
"Yatta!" at YouTube
"【PV】YATTA! 葉っぱ隊" at Youtube (better quality)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i remember the usenet known cranks faq

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Internet Old One posted:

Prolific sockpuppeter with over 500 socks which inserts hoaxes about lions existing in Montana.

way back in the mid 90s there was a a dude in the dk.* groups who had a lot conspiracy theories going. back then they were novel but now par for the course (flat earth etc)

anyway decades later, (literally like '05–'10) i walked by a house with a ton of flyers and pamphlets glued/stapled up on the fence and facade. a villa, in between apartment buildings. took a flyer home cause wtf. turned out to be the top danish crank of the time, the guy above.

i dont remember his name exactly, but also he was a turd so theres no reason to commemorate. apparently his mother died & he inherited the house, then spent the rest of his life racistly trolling usenet cause he was rich enough to avoid homelesness.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Captain Hygiene posted:

No page in this thread has featured more solidly concentrated username/epitaph potential

its unseemly

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Belligerent and POV claims about vision.

Smugness and backseat moderation[clarification needed — is this forums moderation or in general?]

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Zohar posted:

Alexandre Balthazar Laurent Grimod de La Reynière, a lawyer by qualification who acquired fame during the reign of Napoleon for his sensual and public gastronomic lifestyle, rejected the name mayonnaise because the word "is not French". He also rejected the name mahonnaise because Port Mahon "is not known for good food", and thus he preferred bayonnaise, after the city of Bayonne, which "has many innovative gourmands and... produces the best hams in Europe."[34][31]

haha i was literally regaling my parents about this fact a month ago

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

goblin week posted:

In November 2023, Wozniak suffered a minor stroke while preparing to speak at a conference in Mexico City. He was hospitalized briefly before returning home.[166][167]

Wozniak became a Serbian citizen in December 2023. He said that he and his wife Janet, who is also getting a passport, will from now on ″promote″ Serbia while living in the U.S.[168][169]

is that the same wife he was talking about training like a dog by stealing her car keys?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

After the BonziBuddy software was discontinued, images depicting Bonzi were sold as NFTs on OpenSea.

lmao, that worked out for them

https://opensea.io/BonziBUDDY_Official/activity

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Captain Hygiene posted:

World War 11 or WW11 (eleven) may refer to:
  • World War I
  • World War II

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=World_War_11&diff=1205034572&oldid=1205034421 :smith:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

dont talk to me or my sexy son ever again

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

George posted:

Never forget what the council of Nicaea took from us.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

borborite toilet

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i had a pop tart once and it was a brick of sugar. its a cliche thing to say. but i dont understand it. wheres the mouth feel? i loving love sweet things, and salt things, and tasting anything basically, as long as its not a brick thats hot on the inside and greasy on the outside. pop tart is a pop fart imo

do america even know pastries need to be fluffy

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

hexwren posted:

there's plenty of decent pastries, but the point of a pop tart is that it survives being put in the slots of a toaster like a slice of bread, not that it actually provides a culinary experience

ok but thats not a good point. youre not supposed to put a pastry in a toaster. its like saying, this salami is pretty good cause it doesnt melt when i stick 5 slices in the toaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

hexwren posted:

that's how it loving pops

out of the toaster

it's in the name

theres a spring in the toaster, salami usually pops out too but we dont call it pop salami do we