Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

diabolik posted:

The entire runs of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel are now available.

Strangely, this is exactly what I am watching for the first time (Buffy). It's crap television but it's enjoyable enough while I'm doing other things (mostly knitting and cleaning).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

Zwabu posted:

Question for the crowd:

I just purchased a Netflix account for my Dad (to go with a new Blu-Ray player woohoo), but when I go to the "Watch Instantly" menu I don't seem to have the "Add to Instant Watching Queue" option for movies like on my account.

Is it because there are no devices activated yet for his account, or because it's in the one month trial period? Or did I set up the options wrong somehow for his account?

Did you purchase it or is it a trial account? You say both in your post.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

If you enjoy the strange and the absurd please enjoy Vermilion Pleasure Night, which they recently posted on Instant Watch, which blows my mind. Strange Japanese television program full of shorts of... stuff. Weird stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HFw8TNexyU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

MrGreenShirt posted:

I disagree. Though it wasn't a particularly deep movie, it was definitely one of the better movies adapted from an H. P. Lovecraft story. The special-effects were pretty dated at times, but it stayed surprisingly close to the original story. Except for that sea princess thing, and the whole ending bit. Still, not as lovely as I thought it would be.

:hfive: Hello Dagon enjoying buddy. Everyone else I know hates Dagon. I wouldn't say I love it or anything, but I really didn't think it was awful and agree with you on pretty much every point.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

particle409 posted:

I'm watching Uwe Boll's Postal. You see Dave Foley's cock. So I guess there's that. Not much else.

I hate to admit that I laughed harder at that movie than I should have, but mostly at sight gags. Uwe Boll in lederhosen. :psyduck:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

I think I had In The Mood For Love for approximately 1 year and 4 months. I can't check because I stopped DVD service on mine and finally returned that and Chungking Express. :v:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

MrGreenShirt posted:

Well I was a little hesitant going in, but Ticked-Off Trannies With Knives was actually a pretty drat good movie. If you like the faux-grindhouse stuff coming out nowadays you owe it to yourself to give this one a try. Definitely not what I was expecting, but I came out pleasantly surprised!

Mediocre at best with some good laughs here and there. By and large the movie drags (no pun) on and on with lovely dialogue that's trying to ape Tarantino and fails miserably. Barely watchable.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

I like that everyone's thinking that we'll want to pay for like 6 separate services just to get !!EXCLUSIVE!! content.

Somehow I don't think this will work out as well for all of the separate content providers as they seem to think it will. :filez: I wonder how long it will take them to declare their ventures failures.

:sigh:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Revdomezehis posted:

And speaking of anime on Netflix, does anyone know which series are available as original audio/subtitled as opposed to dubbed? The only one I've encountered so far in original audio was Monster.

No hard and fast rule on this, but more Viz released stuff is subbed, more Funimation stuff is dubbed.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

My Princess (drama, Korean language with English subtitles)

A girl finds out that she's a princess and is whisked away to the royal palace to be taught etiquette. Sixteen episodes of digital crack cocaine. Don't start this unless you have no important things to do for a while because you won't be able to stop!

I think that sentence you used from the description is pretty bullshit, though. I guess there's some etiquette teaching in the show occasionally maybe that one time but it's mostly about how everyone loving hates her because they're all selfish assholes and are all plotting against her in different ways in an attempt to make her fail and refuse to accept the title of princess. :v:

Also I'm watching the Korean version of Boys Before (Over/whatever) Flowers since I've seen the original Japanese version... it maintains a lot of the same plot points so far but is different enough to watch again. Also Gu JunPyoo's hair is hilariously bad.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

matrocious posted:

Season 3 of Damages is on instant watch. I'm not sure if it's worth watching if you haven't seen the previous seasons because they are somewhat intertwined. It's a unique show that I enjoy but be prepared to hate nearly every character because most of them are the worst of humanity.

I just wish seasons 2 and 3 were as good as 1. I still liked season 2 plenty but season 3 was just a whole lot of who the gently caress gives a poo poo about Tom, I mean really? Didn't even feel bad at his funeral. But that Chanel bag was dreamy? Meh. I need to watch Season 4 though because I really want it to be good again.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

MrGreenShirt posted:

I'm watching this now and it's absolutely fantastic! David Hyde Pierce is amazing, and the twists are fantastic. I guess I'm just parroting everything you said.

I did not realize it was recommended in this thread but I also watched this last night and was shocked by how much I enjoyed David Hyde Pierce in it - I didn't think of him in a thriller-type setting ever and it was awesome! :3:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

rawrr posted:

Lust, Caution http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Lust_Caution/70059999?trkid=2361637

Really well paced, intense, and acting by Wei Tang is phenomenal in its nuance.

I'll second that - it's an amazing film. I'm not a huge Ang Lee fan but I loved Lust, Caution.

Also Insidious was pretty meh even though so many people insisted that I watch it. I'm a horror movie junkie so it would have come around eventually but I felt pretty underwhelmed. It wasn't the worst thing I've seen but it did not live up to the hype at all.

vv And here I thought the only one who thought the rear end in a top hat looked like Darth Maul! :downs:

Caitlin has a new favorite as of 04:49 on Nov 15, 2011

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Burn Notice is awesome!

And now it's time to go watch Heathers because god drat I love this movie.

edit : SO MANY SHOULDERPADS

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

wormil posted:

The Ward doesn't make any sense unless you guess the ending and if you do guess it becomes tedious. The direction and acting were fine but the script isn't up to par for a Carpenter film... even his bad movies were better written.

Agreed. I was incredibly underwhelmed with it. I also got pretty confused when I had my horror buff friends arguing me on it and trying to insist that it was good. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever watched but it was incredibly mediocre.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Yay Pudding! posted:

Yes you should. The IT Crowd is also pretty great. I just started Black Books and am liking it so far.

I also just started Black Books and am enjoying it! The lighter was hilarious. :v:

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Sand Monster posted:

I looked for this and couldn't find it. Did it get removed?

Clue is DVD only in the US at this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

Psychobabble posted:

Everyone stop what you are doing because WORKAHOLICS was just posted to netflix.

I didn't even realize it was newly posted and decided to watch that last night since the estimated rating for me was 5 stars and I wanted a new TV show to watch.

Turns out I marathon-ed all 10 episodes they put up and am in love with this show. Holy poo poo.

• Locked thread