Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Antichrist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bogatyr posted:

I just watched this, the best movie. I heard awful reviews of the first but if it is like this I think the reviewers were just above that sort of entertainment. Yes it is stupid and absurd, just go with it and enjoy it.

The first is significantly better than the second.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Kilometers Davis posted:

What are the absolute scariest movies on Netflix instant? Creepy documentaries would be great.

Antichrist.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

WentWhere posted:

Funny Games especially made me squirm, just because of how easy it would be for the plot to actually happen. I can't remember what "true story" it's based on, but I'm pretty sure there's one floating around. So that may come closest to a "scary documentary" even though it's obviously presented as fiction.

Funny Games isn't actually based on a true story of any kind.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

casual poster posted:

Just noticed today that all 7 episodes of Michael and Michael Have Issues is available. If you liked Stella (which is also available) give this a shot.
Also I'm almost done watching Party Down, good show, thanks for recommending it.

Stella is amazing. It's like if Animaniacs were live action and for adults.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

casual poster posted:

Somebody recommended Takers on here earlier and I just finished watching it, its a pretty good heist film, definitely worth checking out.

Haha what the hell are you talking about. Takers is awful.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

radiatinglines posted:

I feel obligated to say that this is one of the worst movies I have ever seen, it has no redeeming qualities.

I am obligated to contradict this poster's unfair assertion due to the disparity between his accusation and the truth. Young Adult is a masterpiece.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Okonner posted:

The FP is the only answer to this.

This is Dance Dance Revolution meets The Warriors in 8 Mile. Check it out, it's fantastic.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
If you like any of these things, you might like this TV show:

Comedy Bang! Bang! got added. It's a bizarre, off-beat fake talk show from the creators of Mr. Show starring Scott Aukerman and Reggie Watts, featuring guest such as:

And many other guests from the underground comedy world playing goofy, ridiculous characters, such as Paul F. Tompkins (Cake Boss, Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber,) Nick Kroll (La Chupacabra,) Andy Daly (Don Dimello,) Bob Odenkirk (some ridiculous bird watcher child star dude.)

Unconvinced? Here are some GIFs from the show:

Still somehow unconvinced? Well, gently caress you, it's a half hour comedy show available on Netflix Instant. It's your stupid idiot loving dumbass fault if you don't take your goddamn precious idiot time to watch it. Christ.

It also just got renewed for a 20 episode second season, so you don't have to feel really sad that there're never going to be any more episodes when you finish watching it!

scary ghost dog has a new favorite as of 09:29 on Feb 12, 2013

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Binary Badger posted:

If you're bored with all the high drama super intelligent smartypants poo poo like House of Cards or CSI, why not try something totally different like the The American Astronaut.

It's kind of a send-up of old 50's sci fi movies and was shot in B/W; the production values are so cheap that SFX involving spaceships is rendered in paintings. The movie starts with the title character performing a four minute dry shave with a straightedge razor, spaceships have controls like old railroad throttles, and Venus has been terraformed into a trailer park or something. There's space miners who conceived a baby just to trade back to Earth for food and supplies, a dopey evil professor who keeps shooting people with a raygun that turns people into lovely gravel, and the women of Venus need a new king. Ehh.

Somehow they spent $1-2 million filming this travesty. It's pretty much so-bad-its-good quality.

It's independent art cinema and it's incredibly good. Everyone watch this scifi western musical.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Season 4 is the first season with a different status quo, I think, and people fear change.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I've witnessed this reaction enough times to convince me to watch it myself. My friends gush about it being "an awesome horror film," but apparently I'm just not in on the joke yet :iiam:

It's not much of a horror film, but if you enjoy being "in on jokes" you'll love it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Captain Lavender posted:

Anyone catch this?

I didn't find any others. If you click it, it cuts to the episode and scene of Arrested Development where George Sr. is teaching his kids to always leave a note when the milk runs out.

Also:
I cannot believe Netflix is still sticking to their lovely assed, forced slow scrolling. It blows my mind - I just. don't. get it.

The slow scrolling is still there so that people get fed up and click genre tags, which then put every movie in that genre on the page at once, GIS style.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
John Dies at the End is an absolutely garbage adaptation of the novel on which it is based.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HelmetCheese posted:

I liked the book and enjoyed the movie, but you've gotta take the movie at face value as a cheesy b-list horror comedy. It's adapted and directed by Don Coscarelli of Phantasm fame after all.

e: typo

I just cannot beat the terrible acting by the guy who plays Dave. He's awful.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
IMDB ratings are about as valuable as torn up blankets.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Instead, watch Antichrist. Overall a better movie with a much harsher cringe factor and you'll actually enjoy watching it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Prof. Numbers posted:

Parker is up. It's better than the typical Jason Statham vehicle, even though it costars Jennifer Lopez.

Check this out if you wanna see Statham do a completely unconvincing Texan accent. Also, Lopez acts her heart out in this movie and it's great. She's the best part.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Typically Netflix coincides seasonal additions with the beginnings and endings of seasons on networks, or their contracts do this for them. It's possible that Cartoon Network's insane scheduling madness and endless seasons are obfuscating things.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

QuickbreathFinisher posted:

Any recommendations for a good movie set in pre-Colonial America? Or just about Native Americans maybe. I'm in a mood.

Apocalypto.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

I've never been a big Tom Cruise fan (aside from his role in Tropical Thunder) , but I really thought Ghost Protocol and Jack Reacher were good popcorn flicks. In fact, I think Ghost Protocol might be my favorite MI movie. Other than the Fast and Furious franchise, I can't think of many that have gotten that much better that far into the sequels.

Ghost Protocol is still available for streaming and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it. It won't change your life, but it will keep you entertained for a couple hours.

Ghost Protocol is the best spy thriller of all time. It's from Brad Bird, director of The Incredibles, so it has an amazing springy and kinetic feel to the action, it's nonstop creative and exciting action from start to finish, it's really funny and the color in the Dubai scenes is breathtaking.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Ghost Protocol bad guy is the Swedish dude who wants to nuke the world and start civilization over.

tiananman posted:

Agreed, I liked both of these. I'm looking for movies more like this or even more like Snatch. I just watched "Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels" for probably the first time since it came out, and while it was okay, it didn't have the same appeal I remember it having when I was 18-19.

Anyone know of any of these types of thriller/comedy/action movies on Netflix now? I'm tempted to watch Italian Job again, and I see about a dozen Jason Statham movies that all seem to be the same exact loving plot as the other 100 movies he's been in. Are ANY of them good?

Check out Crank and if you don't think it's awesome don't watch Crank 2.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

All of An Idiot Abroad was just added. It's really funny and interesting.

This show is really good. The dumbest British yokel gets a travel show and struggles to enjoy it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

FadingChord posted:

When I was heavily sedated after a routine procedure, I watched three or four episodes of Futurama. Except judging by my Netflix history on that day, I watched three or four different episodes of Futurama than the ones I thought I watched.

Hahaha that's crazy! Which episodes?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

wafflesnsegways posted:

Hey, have you guys heard of Singing in the Rain? It's kind of a proto-Glee.

Actually, it's a proto-The Artist

Edit: Haha or Entourage

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Kung Fu Dunk is insanely bad.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Captain Trips posted:

What's the deal with Rubber? It popped up because I gave Sharknado four stars (don't start) and the synopsis just sounds hilariously odd.

It's a movie designed from the ground up to piss off people who like the idea of a killer tire as a horror villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

coyo7e posted:

Danger Mouse would gently caress him up.

Also I need never saw House but I thought he was just doogie howeser MD with a dope habit. Does he have sick martial arts skills and a sidekick who's a war vet? That would make what sounded like a dumb medical procedural kind of interesting.

It's literally Sherlock Holmes but the mysteries are unsolvable by the layperson.

• Locked thread