Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong

eelmonger posted:

Brick: It's balls to the wall film noir...but it's set in a modern day high school. You wouldn't think the combination would work, but it really does.

Primer: I don't want to give anything away because I think this movie is best if you're discovering everything along with the characters. I will say that this movie is low-budget, old-school sci-fi at its finest. Be prepared for a mindfuck though.

Brick and Primer were both good but I don't think Primer is available on Instant Watch anymore. The movie was hard to follow but it won me over because it had some of the most realistic dialogue I've ever seen in a movie.

American Movie was a very entertaining documentary about an amateur filmmaker and his... "interesting" life. I'm still not sure whether he's a sympathetic character or not.

If you'd like to see a documentary about this guy struggling to make his vision of the great American movie into a reality, definitely check it out.

edit: d'oh, American Movie isn't on Instant anymore. Still, it's a great movie.

bleedbackwards has a new favorite as of 17:03 on Jun 11, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008

bonestructure posted:

Has anyone else watched The Corridor? I found it browsing through the horror category and decided I'd give it a whirl. It just finished and I honestly can't decide if it's one of the worst horror flicks I've seen, or if I just completely failed to get it.

I watched this over the weekend and it started out interesting but by the end I just had no idea what was going on. I'm sure that's supposed to happen but I felt pretty unsatisfied with the ending. As far as I could tell the "corridor" caused everyone's "wires to get crossed" so they all started experiencing the main character's insanity but I think that was the fairly obvious part. I have no idea what his mom had to do with anything.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
Has anyone posted these? Weird "test" videos. Have fun writing stupid reviews.

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Example_Mixed_FN_Show_en-US/70259793
http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Example_ATT_Movie_en-US/70259774

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
I just saw that V/H/S was added. Found footage horror film about a series of VHS tapes with disturbing things on them, I've been meaning to watch it. Has a segment by Ti West of "House of the Devil" and "The Innkeepers" fame.

• Locked thread