Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but The Dark Crystal just popped up on my recommendations. Definitely one of the best Jim Henson movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I'm just now watching Wet Hot American Summer for the first time and it's pretty decent. Definitely not up to the hype I've heard, but it's entertaining.

Was that H. Jon Benjamin voicing the can of mixed vegetables?

Going to watch Sports Night next because I haven't seen it since it originally aired like a decade ago.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Been enjoying Sherlock lately too. Occasionally the writers will throw in something so, so stupid though.

:eng101: Your gun is a semi automatic! The bullets will ricochet!
*villain runs away*

So dumb. But over all the show is pretty entertaining.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I guess my dumb American ears didn't hear it that way.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Just started watching Luther. First episode was good and I'm just starting the second but what is the deal with the titles? They're named 7 through 12 sequentially on netflix, am I missing something? I didn't see anything in episode 1 to make the name "Seven" make sense.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

User-Friendly posted:

You're watching Season Two, which starts with the 7th episode of the series.

Netflix and IMDB both disagree with you. I think Netflix just has a weird error in their episode listing.

Anyways, loved the show and can't wait till they get the second season up on streaming!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I think Portlandia might be one of those "love it or hate it" kind of shows. While I find myself actually laughing out loud once or twice per episode, on the whole it's just kind of annoying and repetitive to me. I get it. You put birds on things. Just stop saying the same four words over and over and over and over and over please. Please?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Has anybody else watched this Loki/Thor Blood Brothers animated thing? So far there are only 4 episodes up but it seems like there should be more upcoming (judging by how the 4th episode ended).

I kind of like it. In the last 2 episodes it really plays Loki as a more sympathetic character and despite the lack of comic book style action it really held my attention.

Does anybody know if there are more episodes upcoming? I've just a quick google search and didn't come up with anything.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

a kitten posted:

They recently added Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai, I'll let wiki sum it up:

I've loved this movie since I saw it in the theaters, so it's cool to see it pop up on Netflix.

Wait, Ghost Dog is actually a good movie? I was always turned off by the ridiculous name which didn't match up to the cover art at all and never even gave it a chance. I remember seeing it in Blockbuster and just shaking my head thinking it was one of those terrible strait-to-dvd movies that good actors occasionally have to do.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I haven't seen a thread that encompasses all streaming media, so let me just say that HBOGo has added a loving great lineup this month (or week, I don't really know how often they update).

Just added movies include:

American History X
The Blues Brothers
Courage Under Fire
The Great Outdoors
The Island (I know a lot of people didn't like this movie, but I thought it was fun)
Les Miserable
Mars Attacks
Life of Pi
The Mighty Ducks
Rumble In the Bronx
Spy Game

Some of these might have been available for a little while, but most (I think) have just been added this month. I'm going to watch Mars Attacks like 30 times in the next 4 days. I need help.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Was I not paying close enough attention to Snowpiercer? On the one hand they talk about how the world is actually warming up, while at the beginning of the movie the world is cold enough to freeze the guy's arm solid. Sure this could be explained away by them having been in a higher altitude or latitude I guess, but it wasn't. Not even with the meandering maps they showed once in a while. So we're just supposed to believe based on a couple observations late in the film that the Earth can support life again? poo poo, even the last scene looks pretty drat bleak. I thought it was good, but I'm not sure what exactly has you all so ecstatic about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

thrawn527 posted:

It actually was. Right before they do it, someone says, "At this altitude, it should only take 7 minutes." And then everyone treats the 7 minutes like it's a real small amount of time. "We only have 7 minutes." So they were at a high altitude at that point. The film expressly states this.

Well alright then. Must have forgotten since I had to stop watching for a couple hours right after the guy got his arm smashed off.

• Locked thread