Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ninja Toast!
Apr 22, 2009
The Gamers: Dorkness Rising

Extremely low budget. About Dungeons and Dragons type gamers.

I put it on expecting it to be pretty lame and turn it off in a few minutes, but it was actually pretty funny, and you don't even need to be into those types of games, I've never played one myself. (Having a general idea of how they work would probably help a bit though)

Oh, and the IT Crowd is all on there, which is also quite good. (British comedy series about a company's 3 person IT department.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Toast!
Apr 22, 2009

cornface posted:

I don't have framerate problems, but after months of always streaming great in HD it now flips between four bars and one bar every four or five minutes. It is really annoying.

Edit: this is on the 360. On the PC it will try to switch to a lower resolution and then just hang at buffering for eternity until I stop it and resume.

Yeah, 360 no problems for ages, PC always looked crappyish but it wouldn't falter from its crap quality ever (though the new computer has some kind of built in netflix, and it worked better.)

Now all of a sudden after perfect operation since it first came out the 360 can't seem to keep up with HD for a whole show, and it will pause and go down a bar or two, just to kick it back up a bar or two about 5 minutes later. I sort of wish it would load a larger buffer to avoid this problem..

Ninja Toast! has a new favorite as of 07:47 on Jul 13, 2010

Ninja Toast!
Apr 22, 2009
Season 4 of 30 rock. 3'd been out.

Ninja Toast!
Apr 22, 2009
It's already been mentioned but seasons 1-4 of Psych are on and great.

I had no idea what it was about other than a mystery dramedy type thing, and that didn't sound too appealing, but it's really 80% comedy, 20% immature, mystery solving smartass and really entertaining.

So if that sounds good to you give it a shot. I just went through season 1 in about a week.

Ninja Toast!
Apr 22, 2009
To anyone who was all excited about the 90's Nickelodeon shows being on instant:

It looks like all the Nicktoons are going away on May 22nd. Watch them while you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Toast!
Apr 22, 2009
Ok, the new Netflix design looks like the website is broken/incomplete, works slower at optimal performance, AND is harder on your computer/browser. Sweet. I'll get around to calling at some point, I wish I could just complain via email though, so much easier.

As for the Hulu+ conversation: I really liked the trial on Xbox. Quality was good, has a ton of back episodes, went to watch the Simpsons (I think, I ran into this problem with 3 shows I usually use Hulu for, and that's one of my main ones) "This title can only be viewed online." What bullshit, I'm paying (theoretically, if this hadn't been the free trial I guess), you're still running commercials, and it restricts what you can watch on different devices on your paid account.

No chance of business from me until that's lifted. It was like all the shows you'd actually want to watch were blocked. All I ended up watching was this season of Bobs Burgers.

• Locked thread