Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Totally TWISTED posted:

Apologies if this is a repeat but Lars and the Real Girl is goon/internet distilled into moving picture format. But in a good way, not like that lovely reddit movie.

This is really a very good film, and for all the oddness of the premise, rather sweet as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

coyo7e posted:

Stranded - spaceship horror movie with Christian Slater pulling a solid role as the security officer dude. Most of the movie is held up by Michael Therriault (who I mistook for Michael Rappaport for half the movie). There's a lot of not being sure if everybody is hallucinating or if there is some creepy-baby stuff going on, and I was pleasantly surprised overall.

I got about three minutes into this before me and the missus quite accurately described it as the worst thing either of us have ever seen.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Crow Jane posted:

All of An Idiot Abroad was just added. It's really funny and interesting.

Thirding this. A must watch for any non-Brits, so they can get a glimpse at the 'Little englander' mentality.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I don't think it's THAT Wes Anderson, other than maybe touching on the same points as Rushmore.

It's a fantastic film though, highly recommend watching it. Paddy Considine is cringe inducingly amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbPeKp142TQ

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

MacGowans Teeth posted:

I just noticed that League of Gentlemen is streaming on Netflix. Weird, hosed up comedy over three seasons, and one of the stars is Mark Gatiss, who wrote a few episodes of Doctor Who, and who played Mycroft in Sherlock. It's mainly the same three guys as different characters, and not all of the segments always work, but by and large it's amazing. Excerpt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meF7NmfnXZ0

This is one of the most utterly brilliant dark comedies ever written.

There's still something truly horrifying about papa lazarou.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Nyx posted:

Speaking of Red Dwarf, I decided I should finally give it a go. Is it the type of show I should start from the beginning or is there a certain season that's better to skip to?

Start from the beginning and count how many different actresses play Kochansky.

Isn't there a different actor for Kryten as well in the ep where he's introduced?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

HOW COULD YOU posted:

I'm about halfway through The League. Funny show, fun to watch. I'm not even into football, but the characters are pretty good. I also really like Jon Lajoie, so him having a song every second episode or so isn't hurting!

I'm from the uk and don't have the first clue about American hand egg, but this series is great. Jenny is one of the best female characters on tv, especially ehen she's being as much of a dick as the guys.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Vagon posted:

Has anyone watched some of the series Supernatural? Apparently it gets good a few seasons in but i'm struggling with the first. A friend of mine desperately wants me in on it, however.

I quite like it. The acting is pretty crap, but increasingly self aware as it goes on. Some of the recurring villains are pretty excellent as well.

It has the worst fans of anything ever though, truly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Fishstick posted:

The other Netflix thread suggested Filth. You should go watch it, because it's really good.

Filth is indeed really drat good. The main character is mesmerisingly horrible and yet still somehow sympathetic. Great performance from James McAvoy.

• Locked thread