Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZombieSnot
Jan 2, 2011

Entrenched in nutritious rotting flesh.

User-Friendly posted:

Note: Fat Jack Black was the star of Sons of Tucson.

(This is not a reason to avoid watching Tucker and Dale though.)

He is Tyler Labine. Had a major role in Reaper. Another great show to check out on Instant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieSnot
Jan 2, 2011

bonds0097 posted:

Check out Better Off Ted, a hilarious but short-lived workplace comedy about Veridian Dynamics (which is basically every evil mega-corp you've ever heard of), complete with ridiculous commercials for their products. It features Portia de Rossi in a great role as the 'boss-lady'. I really enjoyed it, though clearly not enough people did since it was cancelled after one season.

I believe this show actually made it through a second season as well. Although 2 seasons were still not nearly enough.

ZombieSnot
Jan 2, 2011

bonds0097 posted:

You're absolutely right. I get confused because they were 13-episode seasons rather than the usual 22-24 for most American shows, so there's unfortunately only 26 total episodes.

Two of which were never even aired. Between this and Arrested Development, it is obvious that the average TV watcher is clearly unable to recognize quality comedies.

Truth

ZombieSnot
Jan 2, 2011

The Dregs posted:

I just tried watching High School of the Dead and it made me realize that never getting into anime was a good decision. It would actually be a decent horror show if every scene didn't have an obligatory teen girl upskirt shot or bouncing set of tits. Every damned scene.

I just don't get it.

I am going to go try this Tucker movie you guys are gushing about.

I eventually gave up on High School of the Dead as well. The "fan service" was just nauseating after awhile. Tucker and Dale however is absolutely amazing.

ZombieSnot
Jan 2, 2011

priznat posted:

Also the series "Reaper", a short lived yet enjoyably silly show about a guy recapturing escaped souls from hell. The devil is played by Ray Wise in some of the most perfect casting ever. Also the goofy friends are pretty hilarious.

Highly recommend Reaper to anyone who hasnt seen it.

ZombieSnot
Jan 2, 2011

priznat posted:

My only complaint is it needed at least another season, it was really hitting its stride also the sock's stepsister stuff, ugh

Yes. The show was definitely killed off much to early. gently caress you cw.

ZombieSnot
Jan 2, 2011

mds2 posted:

Goon was a hell of a good movie.

I just watched this last night myself, and it is a surprisingly funny and entertaining movie.

ZombieSnot
Jan 2, 2011

casual poster posted:

If we're going to bring up Chocolate, then its worth mentioning that Ip Man 1 and 2 are also up. It's the story of the man who taught Bruce Lee. I hope the 3rd one goes up soon.

Any kung fu fans should definitely take the time to watch Ip Man 1 and 2. You will not be dissappointed.

ZombieSnot
Jan 2, 2011

Thank god, I seem to always miss it when it was on tv, I can't wait to be able to catch up.

ZombieSnot
Jan 2, 2011

Sizzler Manager posted:

"Freaks and Geeks" is FINALLY on instant: http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Freaks_and_Geeks/70253797

I don't think there's any need to convince anyone to see this - it should be self-evident.

I am definitely going to be tearing through this again, just to get depressed all over again when it ends.

ZombieSnot
Jan 2, 2011

LtAldoRaine posted:

I did not watch "Hunger Games," and instead watched Battle Royale:

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/70004548?strkid=724192497_0_0&trkid=222336&movieid=70004548

Its Japanese and freaking amazing. Just a bunch of schoolchildren forced to murder each other brutally and comically. Can't recommend it enough. I also just saw Battle Royale 2 is also available...I guess I know what my plans are for the rest of the afternoon.

Caution: Battle Royale 2 is a steep decline from the first one.

ZombieSnot
Jan 2, 2011

Hubbardologist posted:

Finally watched Brick, which is a film noir set in a high school, starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It works really well.

I too would definitely recommend watching Brick . Especially if you are a fan of noir, or want to try the genre out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieSnot
Jan 2, 2011

ThirdEmperor posted:

I dislike Snowpiercer's conclusion, how condensed it was bothered me, and yet I'm still gonna recommend it as a popcorn flick. Highly enjoyable.

I just watched this with my gf the other night. I am completely in agreement with the ending. The journey was so much fun and the movie was quickly becoming one of my favorites in the last year. But the ending seemed so rushed and almost a cliché cop-out.

• Locked thread