Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Captain Lavender posted:

"I Know That Voice" is worth watching, if just to see the part where Billy West describes how he came up with Zoidberg's voice. Or to hear Tara Strong do Rosie Perez.

Youre a liar. Its a 1.5 hours of self contragulatory auto fellatio. Most of the actors just seem annoyed that people dont recognize them for their talents by appearance alone like one would a screen actor. Ok maybe its only 1 hour or crap. 30 minutes of it are insightful, but theyre parsed throughout redundant 10 second clips of numerous people explaining the same concepts that are spliced together in a poor effort to keep the film captivating.

It could have been done better by not trying to give every voiceactor ever screen time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Yea i dont doubt that. Maybe thats why Hank Azaria didnt talk much, because its all stuff hes said before. What he did say was about his voices are poor impressions and i know ive heard him say that before. I dont care though cause hank actually seems like an interesting and entertaining person.

they kept saying how their craft can be harder than screen actors, i wish they actually talked to some people that have had success doing both expand on that idea. Azaria and Seth Green could have, and i know i recognized a few other people that have been on screen.

But nope. A whole bunch of people whining "its not about doing impressions" *does bugs bunny impression*

Seriously, anyone interested in voice acting and wants to watch this, id say skip the first 30 minutes and if you dont know about mel blanc look him up.

Bob Saget IRL
Oct 24, 2014

Lol. i only said his name because he was in the documentary already. There are far better choices out there.

• Locked thread