Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Ace
Oct 28, 2003
Always got an ace up my sleeve

Tumble posted:

World's Greatest Dad - Directed by Bobcat Goldthwait (yes, that Bobcat!), it's about a high-school English teacher (Robin Williams) who has a very goony, bitter son who is obsessed with sex.

I don't want to give anything away, but watch this movie. It's VERY, VERY dark comedy and it's done very well. And it's directed by Bobcat Goldthwait! And it's GOOD!

Do not listen to this man. This is honestly one of if not the worst film I've ever seen.

Watch Let the Right One In instead, which I'm sure someone's already mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ace
Oct 28, 2003

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

I gave up on Battlestar Galactica. 9 episodes in and I just can't really summon up the will to watch any further.

I just may not be meant for sci-fi serials.

It gets better, a lot better. As you get into it, you'll begin to have such utter contempt and hatred for the Cylons it'll be difficult not to want to watch them get blow'd up.

To contribute, Nightwatch just came up on Instant and I've heard good things about it. Daybreakers is another, not great by any means but a fun vampire movie treading a thin line dividing it from a zombie flick. Me and some friends sat down with a pizza and a few beers and watched it, good times were had, so, yeah.

will do
vvvvvvv

The Ace has a new favorite as of 20:22 on Mar 4, 2011

The Ace
Oct 28, 2003
Archer: Season 1 is now on Instant. Made by the same animators as Frisky Dingo, only thing is, unlike FD, it doesn't totally blow rear end.

If you want some idea of what the show's about, imagine if James Bond movies were actually true to the books.

The Ace
Oct 28, 2003

Jibo posted:

Speaking of Netflix deals. Showtime is going to pull its crap off of Instant later this year. Apparently they want to start their own premium streaming service, which seems kind of dumb.

Anyway, that means that people should really watch Weeds, Dexter Californication, The Tudors, and Dead Like Me since they are all pretty good and might not be around by the time the Showtime content gets pulled.

I can't stress how important it is to watch Dexter , really a great show and one I probably never would have gotten to see without netflix.

The Ace
Oct 28, 2003
Party Down is back up on instant, really funny show about catering in Hollywood, it's got that guy who was the mean, successful brother in Step Brothers.

• Locked thread